What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Screensavers

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are screensavers necessary for use with the iPad? If they are necessary, do I need to get some screensaver apps?

Ipad007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no, they not really screen savers up here. just background wallpapers. you can pick any photo of your choice and use as a wallpaper. this is not like a pc, that uses a screensaver. thats old technology. ipad battery is more thn efficient enough not to need one.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen savers are also not necessary since most people have their Auto Lock time set to somewhere between 5-15 minutes and that will automatically shut the screen off. The biggest drain on the battery is the screen so it is just better to shut it off when you are not using it.

Katoosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen savers were more put in place because screen technology may have an issue when leaving the exact same image on the screen could create burn in or a ghost of an image up on the screen. I haven't seen that issue with any new screen technologies in 5+ years. Old CRTs had the issue, old LCDs had an issue. But I've never heard of problems with iPads ips LCD screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts