What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Screen Protector

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PatS said:
It really distorted the clarity and required the screen to be turned up bright. It did enable me ro read in bright sunshine better but was not worth the negatives. Hated the feel of it.

Which brand did you use? Antiglare filters work by reducing the reflective index of the surface, but "distorted the clarity" does seem to be overstating the point. The one I use (rom Brando) does not require brightness to be turned up nor does it degrade the screen display in any noticeable form.

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The brand was "Clear". Quite cheap, probably the problem. It blurred until you could barely tell a 6 from an 8

l..k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried at least 04 different screen protectors for my iPad. None worked allright. Until I found:MOSHI iVisor AG screen protector. it is expensive($30,00) but worth every penny. Try it you won't regret it because it will be the last protector you will buy for your iPad. ;)

I just posted my experience with this protector on MobileRead
Antiglare filter selling in EU? - Page 2 - MobileRead Forums

Probably update after a few days ;)

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't use a screen protector. The screen is made of Gorilla Glass which is almost impossible to scratch. Plus without a protector the screen looks so much better and crisp.

thegreatone3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I go bare here too. I am a big fan of the PowerSupport films for the iPhone but haven't had the need with the iPad. I do have a "folder-style" case (Philips) that always keeps the screen protected while not in use, however. No dings or scratches so far!

Martlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the ghost armor. You don't even know it's there.

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had ghost armor installed today, will tell you tomorrow how it looks. They said to wait 6 hours before turning it on. I'm waiting 19-20 hours.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PatS said:
The brand was "Clear". Quite cheap, probably the problem. It blurred until you could barely tell a 6 from an 8

Well, you do get what you pay for. There are several antiglare screens out there which do the job without degrading the display.

xxcysxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use steinheil sgp ultra crystal on my iapd 2. its the non adhesive type that cling to the screen by static. its very easy to apply and very easy to adjust to get perfect. bubbles are also very easy to remove. the screen brightness and clarity does not compromise at all and the surface is smooth and my finger slide on it very easily with no squeaking feeling at all. it feel just like the plain screen. very smooth and easy glide.

Mav777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I broke down and got the Zagg invisible shield, new design version, let Best Buy apply to save myself the frustration, all thumbs here. Despite some negative opinions I read I personally like it, it does have a bit of rubbery texture, but I tap and swipe my iPad, not lick it, so I'm ok with that. I chose Zagg because of the warranty and the fact I will be using my iPad for work, I'm in the industrial business and can get greasy/nasty hands and my clients like to touch when I least expect it, so now I'm prepared.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had the Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector on my iPad 1 and that worked beautifully. Easy to apply and had a great feel and look to it. It fits the iPad 2 nicely though it does go over the front-facing FaceTime camera, which I don't use, anyway.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the problems I've been having with Ghost Armor I can't recommend them at this time. I really like the feel of the screen with them. But they have a quality control issue passing defective films. I'm now on my 5th screen cover and it has a flaw and heeds to be replaced. They keep saying give it another 24-48 hours. Today they had to replace a cover on my iPhone 4 that they put on 6 days ago. The installer said at some point I was going to have to start paying the install fee for the replacements. I said no way.

jimmy4fingers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the zagg and removed it and returned it the next day there's no need for it in my opinion it's to sticky there's nothing like the natural slide if the real thing glass!

Most reactions