What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad screen care kit

alicefred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.fashionfame.com
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Does anyone know about any companies that make good quality iPad screen care kit? I found only one kit till now at Dealrocker for $15.44, but I am not sure about the product quality. Need your advice to pick the best one..[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Thanks in advance.[/FONT]

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure what you are looking for in a screen care kit. If the screen is like the one on my iPhone 3Gs, all you really need is a microfiber cloth to wipe off the fingerprints every once in a while.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree dry microfiber cloth is usually the best for these types of screens. 3m makes a variety of sizes for just these purposes.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for the info about the screen cleaning cloths ..i was thinking about the same thing about how to clean the sceen as it need .

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for something that can prevent scratches, fingerprints and other touch screen problems.......

Then aren't you looking for a screen protection kit, more than a care kit?

For touch screen problems, which sounds like the screen not responding properly or what not, screen protectors are more apt to create issues than not.

Meaning, screen protectors have been found by apple to reduce both the responsiveness and the sensitivity of the touch screens and perhaps induce heat being trapped in the device.
This is one of the main reasons Apple is banning all screen protectors now from sale in Apple Stores.

The iPad will have a screen surface like the iPhone 3Gs which makes it more resilient to finger prints, but for scratches, well a protective case and not placing it in a pocket or bag with sharp objects is all you have to stay away from.
Personally I use my iPhone native, meaning no cases or protective covers and only carry it in a belt holster with magnetic flap that holds it in.
I have no issues with scratches dents or otherwise and I work alongside a lot of hardware while servicing businesses and doing installations or network jobs.
But then a bluetooth headset reduces much of the handset holding while in a call, especially while driving and I highly recommend one mainly for safety while driving. Some states I am aware though, do not allow even talking on a headset while driving, but none the less, it's the keeping the phone holstered while in a call that I was referencing.

To this day even my original 3G or the 2G before that, have no scratches on the screen and with the iPad having an aluminum back to it, I expect even more longevity and standing up to more than the plastic iPhone cases had.

StudioTq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Concerned and Confused

I have had a Invisible Shield on my iPod touch (gen 1) since I have bought it. Then I got the shield for my Droid phone from Verizon. After half of the pieces fell off the Droid (Small side pieces and such) as well as the bubbling up from the sides of the front screen protector I am concerned on the quality. Believe it or not, the iPod touch screen looks perfect with no bubbles but they did change their product. The iPod protector has a little more orange peeled look. Oh yeah, the Droid phone is yellowing badly.

Why am I telling you this is I am nervous about spending the money I spent on the iPad and scratching the screen. Yet, I want the responsiveness that the touch screens are know for.

I have been told about Anti Glare Screen sheets from our sponsor Cimo. Worth it?

What are your thoughts about screen scratches and screen protectors?

Tom

Most reactions