What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad sales in Sweden disappointing

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently the iPad isn't selling very well over here.

"Ipad

Key reasons seem to be price and a lack of local video content availability (apparently the web player versions of the local TV channels require Flash).

And local magazines are pulling iPad editions.

Could be that Flash will be needed to succeed globally because local media in smaller countries can't afford to support multiple formats.

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know folks on this forum are tired of hearing it and Apple makes and lives by it's own rules but the lack of flash, for many, many folks, is going to be a continuous problem that I can't see going away. Yes, there are ways around it but there are many who don't want to spend $600 and have to find work-a-rounds.
Me thinks Apple should re-think this but that's hard to do when you're selling 75,000 units a month!

OP
M

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you're right Beerman. Tablets are still niche products. But if they start to become more mainstream, and Android starts taking large chunks of global market share because it caters to the needs of media owners in smaller countries (read: runs Flash) - then maybe Flash will appear in the iPad3. Flash's alternatives are just taking too long to establish themselves in the real world.

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once Steve Jobs makes a stand (good, bad or otherwise) he’s nearly unbreakable. He called Adobe lazy and proclaimed HTML5 as the new standard. I suppose time, developers, and market share will tell.

Most reactions

Latest posts