What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad restore NOT USING ITUNES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to restore ipad to brand new without using itunes? I want to do this and try to resync fresh...

nevermind I found it...I apologize...

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming the iPad is not jailbroken, you would go to general > reset > erase all content and settings, but even that is not a full restore. You can't truly fully restore an iPad without iTunes and since you MUST connect it to iTunes at some stage anyway, you are just as well using iTunes to restore the iPad by pressing the big "restore" button. That's what it's for!

Last edited:

firm113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you so much buti tried but i cant get it off the dfu screen the restore quits half-way in restore.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to give us more details. Tell us the error code / message which iTunes will show if it fails. This will help diagnose the problem.
Are you jailbroken?

firm113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no im not jb err: the ipad could not be restored. an unknown error occurred(1611)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We appriciate your desire to help, but this thread is almost six years old. Keep an eye on the dates of the threads. The moderators try to close threads that are no longer current, but thre are far too many for them to catch them all.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread dates from early 2011 when iOS 4 was the latest iOS version. At that time iOS devices were not independent from a computer which was necessary to restore and update your device. There were no OTA iOS updates at that time. Accordingly, this thread is now closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions