What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad RAM low, help?

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
was just using iLoader on my iPad and it came up with a message saying that my RAM is low, have deleted a few big sized games and now have 5.1Gig. What give should you have free on an iPad before it starts to spaz out? how much should you keep free? 3Gig isn't it?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
J.D said:
was just using iLoader on my iPad and it came up with a message saying that my RAM is low, have deleted a few big sized games and now have 5.1Gig. What give should you have free on an iPad before it starts to spaz out? how much should you keep free? 3Gig isn't it?

You are mixing up RAM with storage space. There is no need to keep a set amount of storage space free.

RAM is the memory which is used to actually run the applications on your iPad. There is 256MB which is controlled by IOS. It usually does a very good job of managing memory on it's own. The only thing you can do to maximise free memory is close all the applications in the task switcher (assuming you are on 4.2.1). Try doing that and then running your application again. That will ensure it has the maximum possible RAM to use.

Hope that helps.

OP
J

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
Thanks dude, sorted now it still let me use the application in the background i was using Safari and TuneinRadio. i think my storage space is pretty decent at 5.1Gig and with my doing a HND course you would think know this already. Thank you for refreshing my memory buddy and yes am runing the latest firmware.

is there any good apps to help with freeing up space and to clean your iPad?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mmm...

This should be so rare that I wish you could get us a picture like this one .
Only here it has to do with a specific game producer

Byron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would highly recommend "System Activity Monitor". It will clear a lot of your RAM and show you what is running. It keeps you from manually stopping each program. There are a few other apps that are similar, but I have not tried them. I started with System Activity Monitor and was happy with it so never bothered with any of the others. But apps like this will save on battery and keep plenty of RAM free

Most reactions

Latest posts