What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Questions

marty1990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I'm a little confused. I haven't used an 'app' based portable Apple device since my 2nd generation iPod Touch. Now, I dunno if things have changed in regards to syncing, but am confused on what I have to do with app syncing.

I downloaded all of my apps (paid for and free) straight to my iPad. I then wanted music, so when I hooked it up to my Mac, I said no to automatic sync. I synced across my music, but it did songs I didn't want - it was then I discovered the manual check thing, so I can pick and choose what songs I want on my iPad manually - brilliant.

Anyway, whilst browsing the iPad whilst it was plugged in, I clicked on the app tab, and saw a check box for 'sync apps'. I clicked it, but the bar at the bottom saying what was on my iPad removed all of my apps. I didn't like this so left it unchecked. I then figured I needed a copy of the apps on my MacBook to check the sync apps box, but once I started downloading the apps, some were huge - i.e. Infinity Blade and I just couldn't be bothered having them on my computer. I then paused all the apps that were downloading, quit iTunes and reopened it and the downloads had stopped. I then deleted the apps that had downloaded from iTunes, since i had them on my iPad anyway.

So, after that long winded explanation; how does app syncing work? And would me deleting them from iTunes/cancelling the downloads/enabling and disabling sync have messed up my apps on my iPad? Do I need to re-download them?

I also have a weird issue with one of my songs. I purchased two songs via iTunes on my computer at the time I was syncing my music. I sent them across and all seemed well, until I attempted to play the latest song. In the artist... er... section with all the albums of that particular artist I have a full album and then the two newly purchased songs. All the songs play bar the newest, last song in the list. I click it and it doesn't do anything. I then scroll down slightly so the song isn't right at the bottom and it will then let me select it. The same happens when I spin it into landscape mode, so it's not a problem with the screen.

Anyone have any insight as to what the problem might be?

Finally, are magnetic cases safe for the iPad? I know magnets aren't good for tech. And does anyone else's volume rocker kind move side to side slightly? Don't think it warrants me to taking it to a genius, but wanna know if my iPad is the exception.

Many thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts