What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad printing

lkunnie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, what app would you recommend to print from the Ipad using a wi-fi printer without AirPrint

orytek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Printopia works reliably for me on my printer and it also allows sending any printable document to your computer's various apps and folders.
I use it with a Mac.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If your printer is a popular brand, look for an app in the App Store that can assist printing to many models in their range. For example, Epson have the iPrint app. Try searching the brand name.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If your printer is a popular brand, look for an app in the App Store that can assist printing to many models in their range. For example, Epson have the iPrint app. Try searching the brand name.

Good advice - not sure w/ non-AirPrint printers how many manufacturer's offer their own apps for printing from the iPad to their models?

But for me, FingerPrint from Collobos has been an easy solution for my two printers (inkjet & laser) - follow the link to see if their app (downloaded to your computer only, and NOT the iPad) may suit your needs? Good luck - :)

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
giradman said:
Good advice - not sure w/ non-AirPrint printers how many manufacturer's offer their own apps for printing from the iPad to their models?

Well, recent wireless models that are non AirPrint can often be covered. My Epson NX420 is not AirPrint capable, but works brilliantly with the IPrint app. It means I don't need my computer to be on to print, which is as close to AirPrint you'll get without being AirPrint compatible. The bonus (for me) is that I can also use the app to scan straight to my iPad.

I cannot speak for every manufacturer, but Epson does a great job. I do know that Canon and HP have their own apps, users just need to check the list of compatible models.

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score

But for me, FingerPrint from Collobos has been an easy solution for my two printers (inkjet & laser) - follow the link to see if their app (downloaded to your computer only, and NOT the iPad) may suit your needs? Good luck - :)
I use Fingerprint also on my PC, works great with my Ipad. Got the recommendation for it on the forum here. I use it with my Brother all in one laser printer.

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
Do you have to have you iPad jailbroken to use fingerprint ? I can not find it in the app Store.

Wizee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Print N Share or Printer Pro. Both work. I have a HP non air-print and have no problems.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kevin43 said:
Hi
Do you have to have you iPad jailbroken to use fingerprint ? I can not find it in the app Store.

No, you don't have to be JB. It's a program you download onto your PC. Then follow the directions to use it with your iDevices.

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
I downloaded the finger print to my computer I cannot get it to print from my iPad it does find my printer it just will not print when I press the print button. Thank you for any help on this

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you have to look for it on your PC and download Fingerprint to your PC. Also have to have PC on, I believe, to use it on the Ipad. Haven't used it in a little while, so not totally sure on that.

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It just will not work I have it on on the computer in my iPad finds my printer but it just will not print

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It just will not work I have it on on the computer in my iPad finds my printer but it just will not print

Hi Kevin - from your description, FingerPrint is installed on your computer, both it & your iPad are on the same Wi-Fi network, and your iPad sees your printer when asked to print - correct? If so, first 'power cycle' your printer (i.e. turn off and then on) and give FP a try; if still an issue, then re-boot your computer and try again; if still not successful, then 'Reset' the iPad (Directions HERE, if needed).

Now I've gone through this process several times in the year or so that I've had FP on my computer (and these steps have usually restore contact w/ FP & my iPad2) - if none of these suggestions works, then you might need to remove and re-installed the program to your computer; also check for new drivers for your printer - good luck & please let us know if your problem is solved. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts