What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Photo Question/Problem

fairoasis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally have a day off and decided to make it an iPad day. While reading tips/tricks, I see screen shots of the Photo app and it shows Places, etc. Mine just shows photos, albums, and events. I then plugged in my connection kit and the iPad does not recognize it. I have swapped out cards to know avail. Anyone that can point me in the right direction?

Ian B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My question is similar to yours. My photos used to show on the map and the pin point location of those places. I recently went back to those albums on the Mac and renamed them with the country's name and year of the trip but, the map is no longer showing after I re-synced the iPad and Mac???????

Thanks,

IanB

Franknewbridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My question is, how do you create multiple photo albums in iPad? I have sent photos form my iPhone to the iPad via email and when I save them it sticks them in the saved album (the only album on my iPad). I have only synced my ipad once but have spent some time trying to figure out how to create albums using itunes but I guess I just don't get it... Any words of advice?

Ian B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My question is, how do you create multiple photo albums in iPad? I have sent photos form my iPhone to the iPad via email and when I save them it sticks them in the saved album (the only album on my iPad). I have only synced my ipad once but have spent some time trying to figure out how to create albums using itunes but I guess I just don't get it... Any words of advice?

I think you need to create the albums in your pc/Mac and then sync the iPad to it and move them.

Ian B

bly4461

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, as Ian B says you have to put your picture in Your PC first. Then Sync, it will create multiple folder on iPhoto as shown
on your PC.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, that's how it works. It's awkward and I have also issues of getting my photos from the iPad to MobileMe and be able to link to that photo. Any advise here?

Franknewbridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried to use mobile me as well and can get photos to the gallery and can view them as long as I have Internet access but I can't get them to download to the iPad... Have also installed iDisk but can't figure out how to transfer from the gallery to iDisk ... Any ideas?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No need to send it by email , just use the USB adapter of your camera kit and connect with your iPhone (mine is 3Gs) and the ipad will recognize your iPhone as a camera so just press import and work like a charm

mk1151

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couple of things:

There is an app designed to browse/download pictures from your MobileMe account

As people have said, you cannot create a directory structure on the iPad, so all photos you save go into the same folder

When you connect your iPad to a computer once a "saved pictures" folder exists you can browse to it and copy files from it without iTunes

To create multiple folders on your iPad for photos:
- Create a single photo folder on your computer where you want all your photos to be synched

- Create subfolders based on how you want your iPad to create albums (each folder becomes an album) and put all your pics in the appropriate places

- Within iTunes, click the photos tab, and select the folder to synch. Browse to the folder you created, and iTunes will recognize all the subfolders and how many images in each exist. Once you finish and click "Apply", iTunes will create a directory structure on the iPad and copy your files over
--NOTE: Nested directories won't work. If you do have nested directories, iTunes will still sync all the images but will put them all in one folder

Franknewbridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I will give that a try and let you know how it worked out... One question though... Can you move photos from one album to another?

mk1151

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I will give that a try and let you know how it worked out... One question though... Can you move photos from one album to another?

Not on the iPad (at this time) - you'd have to make the change on your computer then re-sync

Franknewbridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I create some empty folders with some names I anticipate and that's how it goes... I get it... I'll try it get back to you
Thanks

Most reactions