What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad on off switch broken - costs how much?

mmtrr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped my Ipad on a marble floor - inside its case - I thought it would be fine. But it landed on the on off switch and dented the corner of the gizmo. So the on off switch is stuck and I watched the poor thing turn on and turn off for hours until the battery died. (I didn't really watch it for hours - after 5 minutes I buried it in my suitcase - was traveling when it happened.)

So - question - how much will it cost to have this thing fixed? Have I killed it or can it be redeemed? Anyone know?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Members are reporting that Apple have a 'once in a lifetime only' completely unofficial and unacknowledged 'replace a damaged iPad for free' policy. I stress it's not a right, Apple don't acknowledge it and will deny all knowledge of any such policy but, if you take it to an Apple store and very politely and humbly explain what has happened they may take pity on you and exchange it for a new iPad. Some Members had to ask to see the Manager and some even had to try a different Apple Store but, so far, we've not had any reports from Members who, in the end, have been refused.

Tim

Reaction score
If you can get an eyeglass repair sized screwdriver you might also be able to pull the dent out enough to make it usable again if Apple refuses to help. I'm assuming the ding is on a corner and the button is stuck pushed inward? If nothing else it may make it so you can get the button unstuck.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

OP
M

mmtrr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks

thanks for that suggestion - the corner of the device really smushed in - and the button is jammed in half-way between on and off. But I will try that too.

Reaction score
I'm glad it didn't shatter the screen as well. A hit that hard could have fractured the crystallization of the glass in the screen.
Let us know what Apple says

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Most reactions

Latest posts