What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad movies quality

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your problem isn't your iPad. The video file that you are downloading is absolutely horrible. Its a cam video and it is only 300mb in size. I stream mp4 movies from my home network using air video. The files are between 2 and 4 gigs in size and the picture quality on the ipad is amazing. You need to get higher quality video files although you will sacrifice space on your drive. That is why i stick to streaming my large files instead of storing them on my iPad.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best format???, its the ONLY format. Apple doesn't support anything else really, except for m4v which is basically only disctributed by Apple, never seen one ever.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Best format???, its the ONLY format. Apple doesn't support anything else really, except for m4v which is basically only disctributed by Apple, never seen one ever.

That's not the issue in this case. The problem is that it is a bootleg copy of Iron Man 2 taken with a portable video camera in a theater apparently.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's not the issue in this case. The problem is that it is a bootleg copy of Iron Man 2 taken with a portable video camera in a theater apparently.

Well yea, he is an idiot for asking how to get his illegal bootleg copy of a movie to play on his device, but I was just making a point that changing formats was not the solution to his problem. Seriously people, if you are going to delve into the world of piracy, don't go around public forums asking people for help. Go read about what you are doing, the possible ramifications, and how to do what you are trying to do.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Well yea, he is an idiot for asking how to get his illegal bootleg copy of a movie to play on his device, but I was just making a point that changing formats was not the solution to his problem. Seriously people, if you are going to delve into the world of piracy, don't go around public forums asking people for help. Go read about what you are doing, the possible ramifications, and how to do what you are trying to do.

Pretty much. ;)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ranting about Apples choices again Muyoso......
Apple is using it's own Quicktime player on the iPad.
I'm sure they thought of other encoding forms but decided to go for this one for a number of reasons, they own it, size, codecs, chipset, OS etc..
VLC a universal video player weighs in at 18mb for the windows version.
Frankly reencoding/resizing for the iPad isn't that difficult with free tools like Handbrake and if you can't be bothered there are streaming apps like Air Video to do it for you.
The whole concept of the iPad is to be fast and light which means many of the abilities of a desktop machine are going to be omitted.

OP
J

Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I'm an idiot for trying to download illegal movie because apparently iTunes don't have any SINGLE movie in the ''Kuwaiti store'':D. So i better take my chances instead of wasting that gorgeous HD screen on nothing.:)

Most reactions