What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mini New physical mockups

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This October Apple is expected to release a smaller iPad, in a conference that would take place in San Francisco, but until then we see again how the device might look like in the real world.
IMG_6586.jpg
A website from Germany replicated in the real world using the device rumored specifications that appeared on the internet and the only difference would be the thickness that should be somewhat lower. The iPad mini would have the same hardware as the iPad 2 and is expected to cost around $ 250.
IMG_6583.jpg

Source

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know a lot of people will like the Mini, but I like how big the regular iPads are, personally. I hope they continue to make them that size because next year when I hopefully am in the market for another one I want it the same size. :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know a lot of people will like the Mini, but I like how big the regular iPads are, personally. I hope they continue to make them that size because next year when I hopefully am in the market for another one I want it the same size. :)

There's zero possibility that Apple won't keep making full-size iPads indefinitely. They're making the mini because they want to widen their market base.

OP
N

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are marking it because of other brands that are offering cheap and good valued 7 inch tablets and they don't want to loose those profits, they want that those people to go on the Apple ecosystem and not android.
Google is offering the nexus 7 at a great price for us ( even a loss for them) because their tablet ecosystem is not doing very well and want more people to go Android.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are marking it because of other brands that are offering cheap and good valued 7 inch tablets and they don't want to loose those profits, they want that those people to go on the Apple ecosystem and not android.
Google is offering the nexus 7 at a great price for us ( even a loss for them) because their tablet ecosystem is not doing very well and want more people to go Android.

Yes, widening the iOS market base.

Things are going to get funner as competition heats up. Consumers are getting more choices, and that's great for all of us, even if we don't buy every device out there.

OP
N

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're right Kaykaykay. I however don't like the 7 inch tablets, I want something bigger. 7 Inch are great for riding the metro and brush up on your reading.. but that's kinda it. I love something bigger, like the iPad.
By the way, any chance I could get this article on the first page?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're right Kaykaykay. I however don't like the 7 inch tablets, I want something bigger. 7 Inch are great for riding the metro and brush up on your reading.. but that's kinda it. I love something bigger, like the iPad.
By the way, any chance I could get this article on the first page?

That's exactly it for my travels and also bring to work. Don't mind the small size at all.

Most reactions

Latest posts