What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mini 2: Retina or not?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will Apple announce a iPad mini 2 with retina display or not?

If not, will you buy it (assuming it has some kind of upgraded internals)?

Honestly, I don't think I will buy if I don't get a retina screen on the next mini.

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the Mini has Retina- I'll buy it, but I'll probably wait until December or January to get it.

No Retina- No buy! I'll just hang on to my 1st gen Mini. ;)

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh yeah, baby! A7 Chip!!! Retina display! Mimo Antennas!

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do miss touch ID, though....but this is enough.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now that the iPad Air is slimmer and lighter, one has to wonder if that is the one to go for...

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is an 128GB model of the iPad mini with Retina. $829 for LTE version.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The new mini will weigh 331g (0.75 pounds). The previous version weighs 312g (0.69 pounds), LTE versions. It is up 0.3mm in thickness, to 7.5mm from 7.2mm.

Last edited:
OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't believe Apple listened. The mini Retina is the same tablet as the Air, but with a higher ppi display. The only issue then is battery life. I bet it will be inferior in terms of battery life. You can't beat physics.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't believe Apple listened. The mini Retina is the same tablet as the Air, but with a higher ppi display. The only issue then is battery life. I bet it will be inferior in terms of battery life. You can't beat physics.
Apple claims that it will have the same 10 hour battery life as the original iPad mini.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple claims that it will have the same 10 hour battery life as the original iPad mini.

The website says up to 10 hours of battery life and then gives a footnote saying it depends on use. We shall see. I won't be upset if it only gets 9 vs 10....the iPad 3 took a similar hit on battery life. The other features are more important to me as the battery life is more than long enough.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well this certainly makes our choices a bit more difficult to make now after watching the keynote speech! :) looking forward to playing with a few when it can!

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well this certainly makes our choices a bit more difficult to make now after watching the keynote speech! :) looking forward to playing with a few when it can!
I have been waiting for the mini with retina display, now I'm torn!

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For me....the ppi for the mini retina will be the same as the iPhone....and since it is the same as the larger one in terms of internals, but still less expensive, that is the buy for me. I will get the 128 GB LTE version in black, or space gray (or whatever it is called). I just wish I could get it now.

Most reactions

Latest posts