What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad latest version?

Zelphon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am confused.

is the latest software version 3.2.2. or some beta iOS4.2 beta ??

I am using 3.2.2 but it seems that some people has gotten hold of iOS 4.2 which has multitasking functionality..

By the way, does Limera1n works with iOS4.2 beta?

wnaylor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a IOS 4.2 Beta available for the iPad but it is for developers only. If you are not a developer and paid the $99.00 even if you were able to download the software you would not be able to use it. After you install the software iTunes checks for the UID of your iPad on the Apple Server and if it doesn't find it you will not be able to use your iPad.P.S. In order for the Apple Server to know your UID you must enter it in the 'Developer's IOS Provisioning Portal' as a registered device.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Beta's really for app developers to test their apps on and modify them if required before it's released.

The upgraded OS will be available for the rest of us next month. So unless you are prepared for a lot of tweaking and online searching it's best to wait.

Frankly I like it fine just as it is, but some just have to fiddle with their gadgets to get the ultimate performance......You know who you are :)

bulletbilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 4.2 beta3 is now out... If you feel like trying it out a simple google search will find the answers you seek... Beta iOS versions usually are not able to be jailbroken...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 4.2 beta3 is now out... If you feel like trying it out a simple google search will find the answers you seek... Beta iOS versions usually are not able to be jailbroken...

The forum has recently added a new rule --

"8a Links to upgrades for BETA software will be deleted. User will receive one warning. A second warning will lead to being banned."

Although you are not actually providing a link to the iOS 4.2 beta, this forum does not tolerate the discussion of acquiring apps and software (including operating systems!) by any method other than those intended by the author / owner / developer / publisher.

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am confused.

is the latest software version 3.2.2. or some beta iOS4.2 beta ??

I am using 3.2.2 but it seems that some people has gotten hold of iOS 4.2 which has multitasking functionality..

By the way, does Limera1n works with iOS4.2 beta?

Are you serious? You think that apple would ship a product with beta software?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a IOS 4.2 Beta available for the iPad but it is for developers only. If you are not a developer and paid the $99.00 even if you were able to download the software you would not be able to use it. After you install the software iTunes checks for the UID of your iPad on the Apple Server and if it doesn't find it you will not be able to use your iPad.P.S. In order for the Apple Server to know your UID you must enter it in the 'Developer's IOS Provisioning Portal' as a registered device.

Hi sorry to told you , you are completely wrong, you can use the developer firmware , many people here have it without UIDD , have a trick if you look here you will find many trick for do it …

@Zelphon if you come around Bishan i update your iPad 4.2 (beta2) in few minute … but i can’t provide you the firmware …

Frankly speaking the 4.2 is really a big improvement in iPad and for me it work like a charm

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The forum has recently added a new rule --

"8a Links to upgrades for BETA software will be deleted. User will receive one warning. A second warning will lead to being banned."

Although you are not actually providing a link to the iOS 4.2 beta, this forum does not tolerate the discussion of acquiring apps and software (including operating systems!) by any method other than those intended by the author / owner / developer / publisher.

Hi Scott , don’t you think too many rule will kill the forum … in some point i agree with you about the piracy … but if we go on this way we also should don’t talk about JB as it’s not authorized by Apple and can avoid the warranty …

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The rule decision was made by admin and mods in the best interest of the majority of 17000 members to avoid problems. We have spent too much time baby sitting those whom get into trouble and do not understand that beta is pre-release and not current release
That decision is final

Most reactions

Latest posts