What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad jailbreak 3.2.2

Luketaytay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok i have ipad 3.2.2 and is there ANY way i can jailbreak. I dont care if I have to downgrade just show me how. Thanks

-Luke

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way you can downgrade is if you saved the shsh blogs from 3.2.1. I just got my ipad yesterday and am disappointed because of the fact that I cant jailbreak yet. Hopefully they will announce the new ios on september 1st then the dev team can work on and release a jailbreak.

Bucketman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way you can downgrade is if you saved the shsh blogs from 3.2.1. I just got my ipad yesterday and am disappointed because of the fact that I cant jailbreak yet. Hopefully they will announce the new ios on september 1st then the dev team can work on and release a jailbreak.

While it is true that you have to downgrade to jailbreak - you don't have to have the shsh blogs saved from 3.2.1.

I bought an iPad and immediately updated from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2 when I first plugged it into my PC - then realised that 3.2.2 hadn't been jailbroken yet. I tried to revert to 3.2.1 but iTunes just would play ball. So after some reading found out that the only way to downgrade was to do the change location of apple respository IP and to have your shsh blogs saved up to the website. I definately didn't have the blogs saved as I had only plugged it in once and did the upgrade immediately.

Realised I didn't have anything to lose so just went ahead with the procedure on how to downgrade thinking it would bomb out half way through when it tried to find the previously saved blogs but it just sailed through fine. It successfully downgraded from 3.2.2 to 3.2.1 and then I successfully Jailbroke it.

So I just suggest that anyone that hasn't actually saved the blogs to the downgrade website just try the procedure - it may work for you like it did for me.

Schmitty2364

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dude nice!, i am down on this as long as i can restore it when the update comes and jailbreak that one... if i do this, will i be able to restore it later?

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately for me, I purchased my iPad with 3.2.2 installed already so I cannot downgrade. I am anxiously following the members of the dev team on Twitter so i will know when it is released. The sn0wbreeze jailbreak will be available this week but I dont think it will be available for the iPad, iPhone 4, or iPod Touch 4th Gen

Doowah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome! Do you happen to have their twitter names?

Unfortunately for me, I purchased my iPad with 3.2.2 installed already so I cannot downgrade. I am anxiously following the members of the dev team on Twitter so i will know when it is released. The sn0wbreeze jailbreak will be available this week but I dont think it will be available for the iPad, iPhone 4, or iPod Touch 4th Gen

Afide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak

Yah I've done a lot of research, spirit has the best ipad jailbreak at the moment, but if you're past 3.2 - its a no go.

The talk right now is that they're not going to JB 3.2.2, but when the new firmware comes out they will work on a new JB.

The only thing 3.2.2 actually did was patch the PDF exploit they were using to JB ipads etc.

If you just bought your ipad @ 3.2.2 - there's nothing to do but sit back and wait :[

I'll be waiting with you guys, I know it sucks.

(I couldn't post the spirit website link, and I don't want to offend any mods, just google spiritjb)

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trust me, I am checking Twitter all the time to see when the jailbreak will be released. I know the exploit has been found (SHAtter) but the Dev-Team has not released any new updates.

Most reactions