What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad iTunes Backup Needs Internet???

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hie friends, I want to ask if my itunes backup for my ipad on my PC needs internet connection. By backup I mean all backup including application data and the apps themselves. I know "it's possible " to click on backup ipad in iTunes when I do not have connection but my question is that will the iTunes really doing the backup without any internet.

Thanks in advance

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hie friends, I want to ask if my itunes backup for my ipad on my PC needs internet connection. By backup I mean all backup including application data and the apps themselves. I know "it's possible " to click on backup ipad in iTunes when I do not have connection but my question is that will the iTunes really doing the backup without any internet. Thanks in advance
This is what iTunes backs up: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4946
As you'll notice, apps are not included, only app data or settings.

If you use iTunes to backup your iPad, this will be saved to your computer. The PC doesn't need an internet connection to get this done. If you use iCloud, it's different.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What will back up the apps themselves is transferring your iTunes purchases (including apps) to iTunes on your computer. This is stored separately from your backup and can be accessed to download the apps to a device when setting it up from a backup.

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@J.A thanks for the link, at scifan57, how do I do the transfer? And will that need Internet connection ?

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, thanks a lot. I really appriciate .

Most reactions

Latest posts