What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad/Internet location services problem

Mikey82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi just found this site and I was wondering if anyone can help me. I bought an ipad a couple of months ago mainly for watching american sports through my Apple TV box and also general use photos, Internet etc.
Everything has been working until last weekend when I upgraded my sky broadband to sky fiber optic broadband. Now this is what the problem is. Everything is working fine I can use the Internet on my android phone, laptop, ipad and Apple TV without any problem but last weekend I had trouble accessing an app on the ipad. After contacting the support department for the app they checked my subscription setting and said there was nothing wrong at their end. They then got me to try and use the maps app to see if there was a problem with my location services. When I tried this I got a message saying ''cannot determine location". On Monday the problem went away and I could use the app no bother. However today it has returned and I'm getting the same message.
I phoned apple and they checked all my settings out and asked me to go and try it on another Internet connection. They said if it works on another connection then it must be a problem with my broadband so I should contact sky. I went a tried it at my parents house and it worked first time no bother.
I've now just come off the phone to sky who have told me quite bluntly that they don't offer support for apple related problems and that there is nothing they can do to help. The guy just said the best thing I can do is search online forums and see if there is any info there.
The problem is the app that needs to use location services is nfl game pass (American football) and is the main reason I upgraded to fiber optic. So I'm now I'm at a loss as to what I can do. I hope all that makes sense. Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Most reactions