What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad in Every Room for Guests at the New York Plaza

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://vimeo.com/19170938]Intelity's ICE Touch Premiers at The Plaza Hotel on Vimeo[/ame]​

A luxury living website, Luxist, has a fascinating report on how the Plaza hotel in New York, as of this January, has become the first hotel in the world to provide an iPad in every room for guests, which they can then use to order guest services and control various facilities in their room. The iPads use the Interactive Customer Experience software (ICE) designed by Intelity, to run the new system. The Plaza’s specially adapted app includes a multimedia welcome message for guests, as well as the ability to order room service, make reservations in the restaurant, communicate with the concierge, order wake-up calls, check out NYC guides, and check their flight schedules and even print out boarding passes, all via the iPad. The iPad can also be used to control many everyday in-room functions, such as turning the lights on and off, and adjusting the heating and air conditioning in the room.

“They are not meant to replace our concierge service and the person touch we are known for,†Shane Krige, general manager of The Plaza, told Luxist. “It is to provide more choice. At a five-star hotel you should have choices – if you want to use the iPad, you can do so. If you want a butler service, that is available, too. If you want to be left alone, that is a choice, as well. By putting the iPads in the guest rooms, we are bringing a new technology to everyone’s finger tips.â€

Source: Luxist The Plaza in New York Offers iPads in all Guest Rooms and Suites (with Video)

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love it. OOO LA LA. LOL, I'd be happy to have the Infinity app be compatible with my current Comcast cable boxes!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw this and said, "Dang! I need to fly to New York City and check this out!" so I checked their website to book my reservation.

New York Hotels: Luxury New York Hotel at The Plaza

The Fairmont Savers package is apparently their most "economical" room rate. It includes:

Luxurious accommodations in a guest room or suite
Complimentary daily local newspaper
Complimentary WIFI internet access
Complimentary local telephone calls

The "cheapest" rate is, "Starting from $716 USD per night in a Plaza Room."

Thanks Plaza! For the price of ONE NIGHT in your hotel, I can stay at the Motel 6, buy another iPad and keep it after I check out!

Last edited:

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL!! Isn't that the truth??? In fact, my particular version of iPad is $216 cheaper than one night at that hotel! You are a hoot for looking that up! Hilarious!

Most reactions

Latest posts