What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad HD instead of iPad 3

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-hd.jpg

As every tech freak has heard and read over the past period, Apple is rumored to be launching new versions of both iPad and iPhone some time in autumn. Rumors have been running back and forth, some substantiated, some not. Either way, no word has come yet from Apple, so no official confirmation. The latest in the rumor line regarding the launch of the new iPad is something to be taken seriously. Apparently, instead of launching a whole new product, the iPad 3, Apple will be launching something called iPad HD.

The name itself says it all, but let’s detail the rumor a little bit. The current iPad 2 sports a fashionable 1024x768 pixel resolution display. Also, its processor is perfectly capable of running HD clips, but the low resolution is somewhat of a drawback. Therefore, according to unofficial information, Apple is looking to upgrade the display for the new model to a whopping 2048x1536 pixels. Apart from increases resolution, the new iPad’s display will also have a pixel density of 260ppi (pixels per inch), which is huge considering the tablet’s 9.7 inch screen.

These are great rumors. And here comes LG, manufacturer of the iPhone 4’s 3.5 inch retina display saying that they have been commissioned to also produce high resolution 9.7 inch displays. When considering this information, one must also take into account that doubling the resolution of an existing display is nothing new to Apple. This was decision they took when upgrading the iPhone 3GS (480x320 pixels) to the iPhone 4 (960x640 pixels). If we add all this up, the new iPad is already looking fabulous. However, we should not forget that these are still only unofficial rumors. Not until Steve Jobs goes up on that stage will we know what Apple is coming out with.
We’ll just have to wait and see.

By Radu Tyrsina
Source: itpro.in

dant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tho n that there should be an iPad HD it's too early for the 3

Dan Thomas

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, there goes the neighborhood. I suppose it's easier to field an HD version so as to not step too hard on the toes of all the iPad2 folks. Damit anyway! I just bought the '2' so my GF will likely be the real winner if thing' comes out this year.

dant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think that an iPad HD will be much of a step up, More resolution, I can wait for iPad 3. And plus the fact, I have not long bought the 2.

Dan Thomas

Most reactions