What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad GPS PROBLEM

EricDrake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IPAD with 3G has GPS and was working well.
Suddenly ceased to 'read' the
satellites, located with Wifi but no GPS, someone can help me solve the problem?

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say: ... "ceased to 'read' the satellites, located with Wifi but no GPS"

Do you have an app that actually shows what satellites have been detected? Or do you mean that the GPS function simply isn't working?

I'd try rebooting the iPad to see if the GPS resets itself.. Hold the power button down for about 5 seconds and then slide the 'power off' button that appears. That will shut things down.. Then restart by holding the power button down for a few seconds.

If that doesn't work you might have a hardware problem....

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If that doesn't work try a reset. Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot.

Good Luck

OP
E

EricDrake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The gps problem its that i can´t find satelites, almost like a phone ho doesn´t have network conection.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure WIFI is on. Go outside to a place with a clear view of the southern sky with no trees or buildings blocking your view of the sky, Turn it on and wait at least 5min. Sometimes they get a little lost and need to be able to find as many Sat as possible to reorient themselves. If that doesn't work try another reset and try again. If it still doesn't work, I will have to say you have a hardware problem. Take it to the Apple store for an exchange.

Good Luck

Most reactions

Latest posts