What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad going crazy

daisymaedew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad keeps going crazy! I have shut it down three times now and it keeps going haywire on me. went to the settings to see if it needed updating and it says it is updated. Has anybody else have this problem? It's a first gen.

How long do ipads last? Is it about to die on me?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
daisymaedew said:
my ipad keeps going crazy! I have shut it down three times now and it keeps going haywire on me. went to the settings to see if it needed updating and it says it is updated. Has anybody else have this problem? It's a first gen.

How long do ipads last? Is it about to die on me?

What does crazy mean?

Describe the behavior as best you can, when it started, was it progressive or sudden....etc.

fleur07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to our forum! We hope you enjoy your time with us.

we need to know as much detail as possible in order to help you with your problem.

If you have any questions, the Search feature will be your best friend. If that doesn't work, just wait someone will be around with the answers you seek. With over 200,000 members I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

While you're *looking around *here are a few links you may find useful.

We have an iPad manual available for download incase you ever need it.
Apple - Support - Manuals

Did you know we have our own App - Its pretty easy to use.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8

We also have a gaming section. There is bound to be something there you like.
iPad Games
iPad Game Specific

Last but not least. Everyone has to play by the rules here. Please read them and keep them in mind when you post. http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Again Welcome and We hope you Enjoy Your Time Here!

Fleur

OP
daisymaedew

daisymaedew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
What does crazy mean?

Describe the behavior as best you can, when it started, was it progressive or sudden....etc.

i will be playing a game or something else then it will jump start typing on its own then jump to the internet and go to different sites on its own. then i would try to shut it down and it wont respond then it will go to my picture s and start the slide show. pages jump around. it acts like it has a virus but from everything i googled you cant get a virus on ipads.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We had another member here who had the same problem. They even posted a video. Dang, that thing was possessed!

The only advice we could give was to go and show it to the Geniuses at the Apple store. Cause there is definitely something wrong with it. so, that's my recommendation to you.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
daisymaedew said:
i will be playing a game or something else then it will jump start typing on its own then jump to the internet and go to different sites on its own. then i would try to shut it down and it wont respond then it will go to my picture s and start the slide show. pages jump around. it acts like it has a virus but from everything i googled you cant get a virus on ipads.

Ok let's try a pseudo lobotomy of the iPad and see if it helps....

From your iPad desktop double tap the home button. A shelf will appear with recently used application icons on it. There may be one or many depending upon several factors. Regardless of how many appear long press any one of them until it begins to wobble and a red minus sign appears on the icons. Now release and tap the red minus sign on each icon until all of them are gone. You can only do one at a time so be patient and get them all. Once they are all gone press the home key and the shelf vanishes. You have just cleared iPad RAM (memory) and are ready to power cycle with no apps running in the background. (factory Setting). The apps have NOT been deleted, they remain on your desktop for future use.

Now long press the power button until the power slider appears. When it appears swipe right through it and the ipad will perform a controlled shutdown. A spinning icon will appear in the center of the screen. When it vanishes the ipad is powered off. It may take a moment or two for the spinning icon to vanish. This is normal, and in your case likely a good sign if it takes a moment or two before it shuts down.

Once in a powered down state long press the power button until the apple logo appears then release. Once restarted test your apps and let us know if behavior has improved.

OP
daisymaedew

daisymaedew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
Ok let's try a pseudo lobotomy of the iPad and see if it helps....

From your iPad desktop double tap the home button. A shelf will appear with recently used application icons on it. There may be one or many depending upon several factors. Regardless of how many appear long press any one of them until it begins to wobble and a red minus sign appears on the icons. Now release and tap the red minus sign on each icon until all of them are gone. You can only do one at a time so be patient and get them all. Once they are all gone press the home key and the shelf vanishes. You have just cleared iPad RAM (memory) and are ready to power cycle with no apps running in the background. (factory Setting). The apps have NOT been deleted, they remain on your desktop for future use.

Now long press the power button until the power slider appears. When it appears swipe right through it and the ipad will perform a controlled shutdown. A spinning icon will appear in the center of the screen. When it vanishes the ipad is powered off. It may take a moment or two for the spinning icon to vanish. This is normal, and in your case likely a good sign if it takes a moment or two before it shuts down.

Once in a powered down state long press the power button until the apple logo appears then release. Once restarted test your apps and let us know if behavior has improved.

i tried all of that still not working right..

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HAUNTED IPAD. LOL. i would try a fresh restore and set up as new

OP
daisymaedew

daisymaedew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i was trying not to have to do that, but i tttthink thatttt is my only option left... seeeeeee howwwww it typeeees for me....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this what your iPad is doing?If so,take it to the apple store as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly it sounds like the touchscreen is short circuiting.

Have you noticed different behavior if held in different positions? Portrait vs landscape, vertical vs on a flat surface etc?

OP
daisymaedew

daisymaedew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
Sadly it sounds like the touchscreen is short circuiting.

Have you noticed different behavior if held in different positions? Portrait vs landscape, vertical vs on a flat surface etc?

nooooo diiiiifferrrrrreeeeenccccceeee eiiiiittttherrrrr wwwwwayyyy

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nooooo diiiiifferrrrrreeeeenccccceeee eiiiiittttherrrrr wwwwwayyyy

Oh my goodness, Daisy...please let us know what comes of your visit with a Genius at the Apple Store. This doesn't look good.

Hoping for the best for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts