What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad for remote log in to host PC with limited access.

H.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,

I'll do my best to have this make sense:

We have a simulation system which runs a piece of hardware and is controlled by a netbook running(with either professional or home premium). On the netbook, there are three pieces of software.

First two of these software are controlled by an "instructor" who sits in-front of the netbook.

The "student" will have an ipad and we want them to have access and only access to the third piece of software on the netbook. We don't want them to have any other access to other programs.

I've done quite a bit of research and noticed that if you are running a windows server, this can be possible through terminal services and user policies, but we don't have a server running, just a win7 netbook.

There was a VNC product that claimed they have single window viewing/control capabilities, but upon further research, they scrapped it due to bug issues.

Does anyone know how I could accomplish this task?

There are programs like Log-me-in and VNC, but we've been unable to find a means to allow the "student" to access ONLY the one application and nothing more.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - OK - I was going to suggest SplashTop - a favourite among iPF Members - but I'm struggling to see how this could be adapted to only allow access to one program. However, there's a free limited-viewing-time version available, so it might be worth a look.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts