What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad for presentation, and iPhone to control iPad during presentation

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Team,

I am looking for an app that will allow me to run a PowerPoint on my iPad-3 (or New iPad), and control the slide advancement via my iPhone4.

Is there anything like this in the App Store?

Thanks,
Crush

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Here is an alternative to slideshowremote app.
Get keynote app and keynote remote app from the app store. Import your ppt into keynote.
Present your presentation on the iPad and control it with keynote remote.
BUT to do so, you need to have a wireless network. I couldn't get Bluetooth to work.

Hope this helps.

Knut

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is an app called conference that does this. I posted about it here some place. It works best if both devices are on wifi....if that is not possible, the you can have them both on Bluetooth. I think I prefer to used two iPads rather than one of each. With conference if you long press your finger at a point on a slide, it will display a red dot on your slide like a laser pointer. The iPhone is kinda small for this application. This is a good justification for a 7-inch iPad, if you ask me. Or and old model iPad as a second screen.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Kricke said:
Here is an alternative to slideshowremote app.
Get keynote app and keynote remote app from the app store. Import your ppt into keynote.
Present your presentation on the iPad and control it with keynote remote.
BUT to do so, you need to have a wireless network. I couldn't get Bluetooth to work.

Hope this helps.

Knut

Works fine for me as well, even with bluetooth - Kricke, the hotspot has to be turned off (this was why I couldn't get it running the first time)

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
hpulmer, thanks. I tried a Bluetooth connection again.

During my first attempts I tried to establish a Bluetooth connection between my devices but when this failed I gave up.
Now that you write that it works I tried another way which works.
I just started bluetooth on both devices and opened the apps. And voila, now it works. WITH Bluetooth.

So thanks again for letting me know that BT will do the job as well.

Knut

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Kricke said:
hpulmer, thanks. I tried a Bluetooth connection again.

During my first attempts I tried to establish a Bluetooth connection between my devices but when this failed I gave up.
Now that you write that it works I tried another way which works.
I just started bluetooth on both devices and opened the apps. And voila, now it works. WITH Bluetooth.

So thanks again for letting me know that BT will do the job as well.

Knut

You are very welcome! I am happy it worked out!
Regarding your signature - Einladung wird angenommen (though I do not come so frequently...)

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Whenever you happen to be here let me know. Do a google search with my full name and berlin and the first two pages are all about me. (I am unfortunately not a celebrity or a VIP but google is quite good when it comes to specific information.)
(Berlin ist immer eine Reise wert.)

Knut

Most reactions