What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad folders...

BusyMe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have 4.2 on your iPad, or do not have it but have given that any thought...how are you planning to organize your folders? By type of app or frequency of use or what?

So far, I am planning to set mine up as follows:
  • Frequently used (in bottom bar)
  • Website links
  • Unused
  • Drawing/graphics
  • Magazines
  • Games
  • Nora (3 year old)
  • Forum links
  • Logic games
  • RPG games, etc
I'd love to hear what you're planning. I am really looking forward to NOT having to use search to get to apps not on any page. *sniff*

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is pretty much set up as you've suggested. I have my frequent on the bottom though with all my folders on the front page the bottom bar isn't as previous as it was in 3.2. Then I have a social folder, a weblinks folder, a junk drawer, utilities, shopping, and then a few game folders by type.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is mine.

f84e3f86.png

jaybrass73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think I'll be doing similar to you Dannyboy, like the idea of having a frequently used in the tool bar at the bottom! No doubt my kids will want a Christmas folder like on my iPhone so i guess I should be planning one of those!

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you have an App in more than one folder? I suspect not, but I would use a different approach if that were possible:

A page with folders by type, utilities, games, network, etc.
A page with folders alphabetical, some letters combined to fit.

Then I would see which works best for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts