What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad factory O/S

r3g3x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For corporations looking to deploy iPads. I know you use ICU to deploy user profiles to an existing o/s. Is it possible to have a "golden build" of the operating system that you put onto the device. This would allow to to be sure the o/s does not contain any malware or other nasties. When I deploy Windows or UNIX I have a golden build I deploy to make sure everything is good.

Does Apple allow the same thing, or is the iTunes backup tied to a SIM id?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
There are no maleware on the iPad.

You just perform a restore via iTunes and this will put it back to factory state with the latest firmware.

ICU is used to create a custom settings profile. You then install the profile that was created with ICU onto all of your iPad devices. This is so you can setup all the settings and restrictions once and then easily apply those settings to all of the other devices, either buy connecting to the computer via USB or buy dowloading the file via webbrowser or email.

Most reactions

Latest posts