What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad + External HD

kyomagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Got a question. I got a ipad 16gb i got from bestbuy, and it is jailbroken.

I have ordered the official camera kit and want to primarily transfer converted movies (not shot by a camera) for the Ipad but i do have questions.

I have a 64gb thumbdrive filled with movies and books and i have ifile pre installed on my ipad.

Will i have to run some kind of code on my pc to make my ipad see the drive, or should i be able to just plug it in, hop on ifile and transfer?

I have Comic zeal on my pad too, can i transfer my manga over using the same method?

Or do i have to use shay's method?

Thanks

iBold

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Got a question. I got a ipad 16gb i got from bestbuy, and it is jailbroken.

I have ordered the official camera kit and want to primarily transfer converted movies (not shot by a camera) for the Ipad but i do have questions.

I have a 64gb thumbdrive filled with movies and books and i have ifile pre installed on my ipad.

Will i have to run some kind of code on my pc to make my ipad see the drive, or should i be able to just plug it in, hop on ifile and transfer?

I have Comic zeal on my pad too, can i transfer my manga over using the same method?

Or do i have to use shay's method?

Thanks
if your ipad is on 3.2.x it's possible to use new version of ifile en see the thumb drive...if yoursystem is 4.2.x your ******* because Apple change the system so that this is impossible ....because they screw bacthe voltage of the connector..so that the ipad doesn't accept any foreighn USB divices...:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
K

kyomagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nope im on 3.2, what can i and cant i do on it?

OP
K

kyomagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i know i can transfer comics and books. But where is the folder you copy the video to? I have a ipad video converter and want to know if its better for me to copy it to a specified folder rather than playing it right off the sd card.

Most reactions

Latest posts