What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad erased going thru airport security - twice!

pcjudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem? It has happened twice - and the most recent time, my co-worker's iPad made it through fine.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this won't help you, but I have flown through several domestic airports as well as the airport in Frankfurt, Zurich and Kiev with no issues.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say 'erased', what do you mean? Do you mean all your apps, photographs, videos and the entire operating system were deleted? I, too, have taken my iPad through airport security and had no issues, so I'm interested in what went on here.

I was sorry to hear about this; I'm sure it was a real pain, to say the least.

Tim
Scotland

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've taken mine through Airport Security in more countries and airports than I can count, never with any issues.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
can't believe it is true.

Discounting a hardware fault, I have trouble believing this too. I've taken numerous flights without problem. I think the OP should ask for a return and explain that colleagues on the same flight had no problem.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It could be a specific fault on the one device itself. If indeed X-rays damaged or wiped the flash memory in iPads, you'd expect that thousands of travellers worldwide would have already encountered it.

OP
P

pcjudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks , I will look into it as a hardware error.

Thank you for the quick replies.

brian1214

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happened to me going through London City Airport. Also my iPhone started to behave strangely. I would have my screen locked and all of a sudden music would start playing from it. The brightness control on my iPhone would have a mind of its own.

Upon returning home I discovered the iPad had indeed been totally erased. The iPhone problems went away upon re-syncing with my desktop Mac.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had trouble with any of my iStuff, despite many trips domestic and international. I guess you could turn your devices completely off before going through security if you're worried.

Dav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fly to and from work all year round must go through airports about 20+ times a year no issues at all. maybe speak to apple about this get a replacement unit :)

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Many international and domestic flights so far.
No iPad issues.
Hope it's not going to become an issue
What dread we will all feel as we place our beloved iPads on the security belt
Have these two issues been in london airport?

Most reactions

Latest posts