What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad donation for newly paralyzed mom

Cassianaya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for programs that donate ipads for people with disabilities. My mother was in a terrible accident on thursday november 3rd 2011 that left her paralyzed from the chest down. She its an amazing person that was very active and this its going to be a very big adjustment for all of us. She is still in ICU and has been able to communicate with us through an ipad the hospital owns. She has always wanted one and I would really live to get her one to assist us with the long road of therapy ahead. She is a fighter and will get through this with the love and support of her family and friends but we would live to be able to light up her life a little with one. Are there any programs out there that could help us with finding one. Financially things are hard right now so we are unable to provide her with one ourselves. Thank you.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My condolences. I'm sure you're looking at various options and posting here, I hope, is only one avenue you're exploring. I can't be much help, I'm sorry to say, but you might want to explore a website (atmac.org) that aggregates all kinds of information for people with disabilities. Of course, apart from resources in your own community you may want to explore resources available via Google and via programs associated with your mother's health insurance, medicare, or medicaid. And don't forget to explore via google. If you'd like some specific suggestions on searches you might try, drop me a PM.

Most reactions

Latest posts