What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad development with windows?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Nope Never tried them.

And it may not be worth it as its against the developer agreement and apple can reject your app for not making it in Xcode on a MAC.

OP
ch4rly

ch4rly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a pitty, but thanks for the info!

simonnouwens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's possible with adobe flash CS5, you should, however, buy an apple develop program (or find other ways to do it, there somewhere on the web ;) )

I tried it, and it works. I beleive there are even some apps in the appstore made with adobe.

PM me if you want more details..

Cheers

OP
ch4rly

ch4rly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks!
I found the "Packager for iPhone Developer FAQ" and it sounds promising.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
It's possible with adobe flash CS5, you should, however, buy an apple develop program (or find other ways to do it, there somewhere on the web ;) )

I tried it, and it works. I beleive there are even some apps in the appstore made with adobe.

PM me if you want more details..

Cheers

apple updated the developer agreement to not allow apps made with adobe flash CS5.

It was big new a while back and adobe made a big stink about it.

http://www.knowyourcell.com/news/45...elopment_using_adobes_flash_cs5_compiler.html

Last edited:

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope Never tried them.

And it may not be worth it as its against the developer agreement and apple can reject your app for not making it in Xcode on a MAC.

Yeah Apple is pretty anal about the use of XCode but hey there is always Cydia :)

OP
ch4rly

ch4rly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the FAQ:

Can developers use the Packager for iPhone included with the AIR 2.0.1 SDK here on Adobe Labs to develop standalone applications for the Apple iPhone?

Yes, you are able to use the Packager for iPhone to create standalone content for the Apple iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

As a result of updated terms to Apple's iPhone OS SDK (section 3.3.1) these applications can no longer be delivered to the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users through the Apple App Store. This a legal restriction imposed by Apple and is not a technical limitation of Adobe AIR.
Seems also to me like you can only develop for Cydia with CS5. A question for me is if you can access WiFi with Adobe Flash...

simonnouwens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gimme 2 days, expecting to get my ipad today and will start trying then. Anyway, if your serious about programming for ipad (with releases in appstore etc) you should get a mac.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
A question for me is if you can access WiFi with Adobe Flash...[/QUOTE]

has nothing to do with the apps. if your ipad can connect to wifi then connect to wifi. The app just knows if your connected to the internet. Its possible to detect if the ipad is using wifi or 3g however your app does nothing to the connections.

OP
ch4rly

ch4rly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am curious. Did you try something?

simonnouwens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. It's actually working. You can make an appilication (.ipa file) with cs5, with a screensize of 768 x 1024. Then use fullforce to make it look like an ipad app. Haven't done anything but a small test yet, but atleast i know it works..

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Yes. It's actually working. You can make an appilication (.ipa file) with cs5, with a screensize of 768 x 1024. Then use fullforce to make it look like an ipad app. Haven't done anything but a small test yet, but atleast i know it works..

works, but you cant submit it to the apple app store.

dapeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
did someone here try DragonFire and could share the experience?
Windows iPhone Development in C/C++ | Windows iPhone SDK | Game SDK
I'm not sure if appcelerator would also work:
Use Appcelerator Titanium to build mobile apps for iPhone & Android and desktop apps for Windows, Mac OS X & Linux from Web technologies

Or are there other solutions for programming iPad apps without a Mac?
Thank you in advance!

Yes there are

Mobione for web apps http://www.genuitec.com/mobile/

RealStudio for any type of apps. REAL Software: REAL Studio, Best Development Tool for Mac, Windows and Linux
Unity3d and Torque for games - (use google)

The first you can develop on a PC

The second you can develop on a PC and it generates files for cross platform - iPad/Windows?Linux. You need a MAC to compile.

The games (last 2) can be developed and tested on a PC and then generated and compiled on a MAC.

You need a MAC because Apple prohibits its XCODE from being installed on anything other than a MAC so these apps are forced to get you to do this on a MAC.

If you don't have a MAC you could use a Virtual PC and run it in that. For that you need to use google.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts