What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad cover, sleeve or pouch?

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm quite protective over my iPad as Its a massive investment for me. Personally I have 4 covers I guess you could say.
I have an anti glare screen protector to stop scratches.
Then on the back I have a Gelaskin to stop that from being scratched (also looks really good).
Next there's the smart cover which was originally polyurethane green and is now leather navy as it looks better and lasts longer.
Finally to keep all that looking nice and to protect my iPad against impacts and small falls I have a proporta leather sleeve which has aluminium plates on the front and back which will stop the glass from being cracked etc.
You won't nesscarily want to go to that level of protection but for me it's worthwhile.
Not including the fact I've ended up buying 2 smart covers, the total I've spent to keep it protected would be about:
£50 for the leather smart cover (bought it on black Friday sale).
£20 for the screen protector (got 2 in a pack).
£15 for the Gelaskin (got it as a present but that roughly what they cost).
£35 for the proporta sleeve (also in a sale, think it was 20% off).
Totalling: £120. Which is say, 1/4 of the cost of my iPad which might seem a lot, but it's still in perfect condition after heavy usage, a drop from my arm height (say 5ft) and a couple of holidays where sand and water could have, but didn't damage it.
Hope I've been helpful!

Sent via iPF from my iPad2 iOS 5.1.

OP
B

bubba_tundey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MrLuke said:
I'm quite protective over my iPad as Its a massive investment for me. Personally I have 4 covers I guess you could say.
I have an anti glare screen protector to stop scratches.
Then on the back I have a Gelaskin to stop that from being scratched (also looks really good).
Next there's the smart cover which was originally polyurethane green and is now leather navy as it looks better and lasts longer.
Finally to keep all that looking nice and to protect my iPad against impacts and small falls I have a proporta leather sleeve which has aluminium plates on the front and back which will stop the glass from being cracked etc.
You won't nesscarily want to go to that level of protection but for me it's worthwhile.
Not including the fact I've ended up buying 2 smart covers, the total I've spent to keep it protected would be about:
£50 for the leather smart cover (bought it on black Friday sale).
£20 for the screen protector (got 2 in a pack).
£15 for the Gelaskin (got it as a present but that roughly what they cost).
£35 for the proporta sleeve (also in a sale, think it was 20% off).
Totalling: £120. Which is say, 1/4 of the cost of my iPad which might seem a lot, but it's still in perfect condition after heavy usage, a drop from my arm height (say 5ft) and a couple of holidays where sand and water could have, but didn't damage it.
Hope I've been helpful!

Thanks for your detailed reply. I just got an iPad and there's so much choice out there! I'm not too keen on screen protectors as they make the screen look dull! But I guess I have to look for some good quality ones instead of looking on eBay! And yes I agree it defo is an investment!

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's not a problem. It's worth remembering that you get what you pay for, in spending £20 on screen protectors I garunteed that it not only went on first time, it looks brilliant and hardly detracts from the screen look, admittedly it does slightly, but it's only noticeable when you look for it. Good luck in your endeavours.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or nothing...? How do you style/protect your iPad?

Hi bubba-I am going to move this to IPad accessories where you will get better attention. Currently, you have posted in the Poll section where you may not get a lot of viewing.

Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts