What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad cover made from a published book

M

Manou

This is something I always wanted to try and after some trial and error I came up with this one. Just in case it's not completely obvious: I loooooooove cupcakes :p

c7fc5c46.jpg

I used a PVC tray to hold the iPad, it fits Apple's smart cover as well. All ports are easily accessible. Somehow I couldn't resist to use a cupcake print to line the inside ;)
ca34de67.jpg

50f2501d.jpg

1da5c6b3.jpg

OP
M

Manou

That is so cool! Where did you find the PVC tray?

They sell them in my local computer centre for about US$ 8.- per piece. I have seen them on ebay as well. There are 2 versions, one can be used together with Appple's smart cover :)

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Manou said:
They sell them in my local computer centre for about US$ 8.- per piece. I have seen them on ebay as well. There are 2 versions, one can be used together with Appple's smart cover :)

That's really awesome. What would I search for on eBay?

OP
M

Manou

I made a more 'manly' cover using a DIY book today - the glue is still drying. I'll post some pictures tomorrow :)
After having a coffee with the owner of the used book store nearby, she promised me to put all damaged Kindle and iPad sized hardcover books aside for me :D

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

Manou

Here is the DIY themed cover....

11b31626.jpg

935371ef.jpg

I decided to line it with denim....

fa786f92.jpg

c148583e.jpg

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, they are great. I found your Etsy shop and the pics there are even better ~ edited by Moderator ~ link to business

I think it is a great range of cases, I think that my GF is going to be getting a present!

The Archangel

Last edited by a moderator:

pmbroth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also get iPad and iPad 2 back covers cheap from dealextreme. In china. I buy from them all the time. I bought my wife a black back cover for a few dollars including shipping.

Brian

OP
M

Manou

You can also get iPad and iPad 2 back covers cheap from dealextreme. In china. I buy from them all the time. I bought my wife a black back cover for a few dollars including shipping.

Brian

Thanks for that - I am always looking for plain black back covers for my projects (or pink ones for the covers I make for myself ;))

Most reactions

Latest posts