What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad clothing ?

craigvince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somewhere recently, I saw a jacket that had an inside pocket made specifically for an iPad. Does anybody know where I can find it?

TXCheng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have personally owned several ScottEVest products and they are well made and designed. Just got a new Scott Revolution Plus jacket after my previous one wore out after many years of travel. While the big inside pocket wasn't initially intended for an IPad or Tablet, it easily fits one. I carry my IPad in there all the time and when I bring it out folks are amazed I had in there. The ultimate urban disguise when you don't have to carry any external bag.

ScottEVest owner Scott Jordan touts his jackets as the the "third" carry on bag and he ain't kidding. My jacket alone can weigh 10+ pounds with all the gear I carry in the 20+ pockets. Fom headphones, snacks and an IPad, you won't go wrong with one of these jackets. I also wear their pants when traveling.

Watch for their daily sales where they offer 20% off or more on one item. I got my latest jacket during a 30% sale. If you join their Facebook page you will see sales notices.

R,
A Cheng

Last edited:

Grumbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This sounds like a great idea and a brilliant way to prevent getting erm... mugged. But surely it's incredibly uncomfortable having a slab of metal resting against your chest? Good body armour but not so great for portability?

If what you say is true TX, I might have to invest in one of these! Anyone got any further input on it?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How comfortable is it when sitting in a car or any other seat? Seems like it would get bunched up and the iPad would press against your ribs.

TXCheng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are right that the IPad does get bunched up a bit when you are buckled into a seatbelt, butI just adjust it around of pull it out when driving. When I board a plane I take it out and put it in the seat pocket. But really, people can't tell I have one on me until I pull it out. In any case, when I started buying the ScottEVest jackets years ago before the IPad, I was using these jackets to carry a lot of other things. Being able to carry an IPad like it can is a major bonus. I appreciate the jackets even more now.

R,
A. Cheng

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great thread! This gives me ideas.

ipad_animation_300px.gif

I went to ScottEVest's website, and lo and behold, there was a pic of Steve Wozniak, sporting a ScottEVest with an ipad poking out of one it's pockets!

img_woz_ipad.jpg

Good enough for Woz.. Good enough for me! :D

dustoff69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got several ScottEVest products. Being a Type 1 diabetic it gives me all sorts of pockets to carry my supplies I need. Now I have the iPad, I have someplace to carry that also. The design of the products does distribute the weight quite well.

Most reactions

Latest posts