What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Charging Issue

MrMazen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well i have an iPad 1 that i've upgraded to IOS 5.1.1 after the update few days my iPad started to show me this msg. "Charging is not supported with this accessory" buying a new cable is not a solution, cause eventually, the new cable starts failing again, so does that means to buy always a new cable every time it decides to crash? Definitely is the iPad that doesn’t work at all. A real solution is needed and many users are still expecting that from Apple. I’d searched a lot in the internet with this issue and all the answers are the same every where all over the net “buy a new cable” bull****. I WANT A NEW SOLUTION!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi There--understand that you are having frustrations with this. So just to be clear, you have switched to a new/or different charger and you are still getting this message? Have you also tried to use a different power outlet to see if this helps?

OP
MrMazen

MrMazen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have tried to charge it with another different charger and different power source and nothing solved :(

OP
MrMazen

MrMazen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah sure i used to use the original cable . that problem came after the upgrading to IOS 5.1.1 before the update my iPad was working fine!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd try searching the forum or googling for existing threads. If you don't find leads that way, it might be a hardware prob that coincided with your upgrading to 5.1.1.

I've not encountered any charging prob in the months since upgrading either my iPad 1 or my husband's iPad 1 (which we recently gave away) to 5.1.1. And we use about six to eight diff chargers, between homes and cars.

schmidtj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you are using the original length cable. I used a longer one and get the same message you do.
J

nintendo guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been having same problem our son broke the original cable, tried different ones keeps saying not supported but then will charge for a min he stop and keeps doing this using original charger but different cable, would just buying a OEM cable fix this?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nintendo guy said:
Been having same problem our son broke the original cable, tried different ones keeps saying not supported but then will charge for a min he stop and keeps doing this using original charger but different cable, would just buying a OEM cable fix this?

Try making a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple store. Have them try one of the genuine cables. If it works, you're fine. If it doesn't work, there's likely some kind of hardware issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts