What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad can't search image files by name? really?

riprap1951

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I missing something far-reaching and essential as far as iPad's abilities to handle image files?
I admit that I'm new to iPad. And laughably-ignorant vis a vis the Apple mystique [which obviously works for a lot of people].
Admitting those character defects, all I'm asking is: How do you do file-name searches of image files on iPad?
It took me over an hour to move about 6K simple sketches--in .png, .jpg, .tif---from a pc to iPad.
So now: How to find a particular file?
Maybe I'm obsessively-hooked on file management efficiency, but isn't that a pretty basic facet
of data management? Or do iPad users, when they've got beaucoups photos in one album,
just open the album and shuffle through them?
I'd strongly appreciate it if someone could clarify this issue.
TIA for your time, & attention to detail--really!

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't do a lot with photos on my iPad but there are many many 3rd party photo managing apps that may have just the feature you're looking for. Search something like "photo app" in the forum and see what you get many people have weighed in on and reviewed such apps.

dave_bass5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The basic IOS photo app is rubbish at anything other than displaying your image, and can only display the images sorted earliest to latest. I find this to be very annoying as I would prefer new images at the start.
I can thoroughly recommend Photo manager pro as a replacement photo app. Not only does it allow you to order your Image in various ways, you can search, hide, view exit, change or label the image names and a whole lot more useful tasks. You can even get your images to the iPad without needing to hook it up to iTunes.
Best app I've ever used.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
R

riprap1951

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much, guys, for the helpful replies....I'm off to the App Store right NOW in order to check out Photo manager pro.
Have Fun!

Most reactions

Latest posts