What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad... Business or Pleasure

AHMBE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you plan on using your iPad?

I am a DJ and was hoping to be able to run Serato Itch on the iPad to connect to my Numark NS7 if it had a Mac OS. Since it does not it would be cool if we get some apps from Albeton or Serato as digital effects controllers and run it through my Macbook Pro.

My wife is a personal trainer and plans to use it for promotions, updating and maintaining client files and signing people up for classes on her website.

imatt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
both. Put text books on it for school. Put music and videos on it for trips.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both.

It should take me all the way through medical school (will probably upgrade again when the 2nd or 3rd generation iPad comes out). But during the rare occasion that I get some time to play a game on it or watch a movie, sure.

iVegas702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pleasure. Work in construction and will not take it to work. Looking forward to sitting down in the evening and reading a book and magazines or maybe play a game. i like looking at all the apps out there and reading emails

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Both

Home - It will be the perfect device to sit and browse the internet / reading blogs & email / facebook, etc.

Work/Business - Trading Stocks - Should be perfect when I'm out on the road and need something to bigger then the iPhone but yet not my macbook pro.

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both. I'm an IT professional. It will be much nicer to carry an iPad when I have to go to a meeting or when I'm up and around the office dealing with users than carrying a laptop.

iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buiessness. that is..if i deciede to get one ;)

iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buiessness. that is..if i deciede to get one ;)

i spelt business wrong didnt i :confused:
i looked at the thread title and thought "wow i cant believe i just mispelled that"

Dwight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both and some. My office does not permit anyone to use personal laptops, so I would use it to answer my emails at lunch. I am on serveral Boards and this would be handy for notes and web searches. While travelling I would love to download my photos but 64gig isn't enough, So it will be an expensive video playback device. At night, I would like to read books, or reports, emails, search the web, check out the latest news before going to sleep.

OP
A

AHMBE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an online student, DJ by night and Office Admin by day. The iPad will have an impact on all three phases for me. I currently have a touch that i check my emails, FB/Mafia Wars (yes I'm addicted) with, but the iPad will be much better for those actions. I don't play games on the go too much, I'm normally analyzing songs for my gigs. All of your post show how the iPad will certainly have a nitch of its own.

aajoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vpn ?

Will you be able to VPN into your business email with the Ipad?

Most reactions