What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Battery Drain

SallySparrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How much battery life does your iPad drain when you leave it overnight? When I went to bed, I unplugged it from the charger and it was at 100%, and it lost about 10% of charge in around 12 hours in standby mode.
I wasn't really tracking the battery life before, but I'd like to know if anyone else has any idea if this is normal.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have it set to check for emails often that will drain your battery but it will drain maybe 1/2 to one percent over a 12 hour period. So something isn't right. That isn't normal.

OP
S

SallySparrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have it set to check for emails often that will drain your battery but it will drain maybe 1/2 to one percent over a 12 hour period. So something isn't right. That isn't normal.

That's what I thought. I remember having to charge it just once every week to 10 days, and now it's always on the verge of dying.
Thanks.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may want to try a reset by holding the home and sleep buttons down until the Apple logo comes up (about ten seconds) and then releasing them. Clears the RAM among other things.

OP
S

SallySparrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried resetting, and restored it to factory settings a couple times over the last few weeks, but nothing seemed to change.
Finally went down to the genius bar right after I posted here, and they just swapped mine out for a new piece. Can't say I'm disappointed!

tap50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery drain

My battery seems to be draining significantly faster lately as well. It used to only drain down to about 80% or 90% during my work hours, now it goes down to 40% or 50%.

Anyone else have this issue of the battery life suddenly being used up quicker than it used to?

Todd

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
its probably due to the battery wearing down over time. It happens in all things, and an apple product is no different. I wouldnt be too concerned, i know there are a few battery extending tricks as well as a few battery extenders themselves if you were interested. Just have a look around the good ol' WWW

tap50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its probably due to the battery wearing down over time. It happens in all things, and an apple product is no different. I wouldnt be too concerned, i know there are a few battery extending tricks as well as a few battery extenders themselves if you were interested. Just have a look around the good ol' WWW

I realize that battery life will diminish over time, but I've only had the device for a few months. Seems kind of a drastic decrease in only a few months time.

Thanks,

Todd

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I realize that battery life will diminish over time, but I've only had the device for a few months. Seems kind of a drastic decrease in only a few months time.

Thanks,

Todd

I have had my iPad for 6 months and now I only lose around 2-4% battery if I leave it overnight. (my average overnight is 9-10 hours)

Britadon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a HUGE problem with battery drain suddenly. I just looked at the iphone forum and it seems that everyone is complaining about this since loading OS 6.2...I have 6.3.1 on my ipad and things are getting worse and worse..mine was at 100% at 7 this morning...I have lightly used it today and have re-plugged it in for about 2 hours this morning and , now, at 5 in the afternoon, it is at 14% and going down rapidly..lost 1% while typing this! Can I get ride of the system update somehow?

Most reactions