What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Backup to iCloud

Lucky Pierre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my iPad4 automatically backing up to iCloud at night when charging and connected to Wi-Fi. Everything works fine and the backup size is 1.6Gb.
With this auto backup does it mean that everytime it backs up automatically that it backs up everything again or just what has changed since the last backup. I don't like the idea that the backup is using 1.6Gb of my monthly allowance everytime it backs up. That would mean anything up to 48Gb being used if it backed up every day for 30 days of the month. If this is the case then I will be turning off this backup as I only have 25Gb monthly allowance.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Only changes are backed up after the initial one. The size of the backup only goes up if you have more stuff to backup.

OP
L

Lucky Pierre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. One other question.
On the iCloud backup app list it shows Google Search with the highest data amount of 272Mb. Why would there be such a large amount of data backup for this app?
I actually have all apps (including Google) turned off for the iCloud backup. If it happens to be important data then I would then consider turning it on for backing up to the iCloud, but I can't imagine what it would be.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is probably cached data. Nothing important. I have it turned off on my devices.

The most you'll lose is your search history.

Most reactions

Latest posts