What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Available at Military PX

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those with military privileges still without their iPad, check your local PX. Was just at the PX in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, and they started selling them today. Of course, they were already sold out too! Said they would have more within a week.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny you mention that I was just at the one up here in Newport, R.I. Yesterday looking ton see if the have them (already have a wifi seeking to get a 3G tax free :D) and they didn't have them. Hopefully mine gets them soon maybe I'll call today and ask.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you should be able to order them on line from the px and get them sent to you if your overseas ..

i shipped two to my kids overseas saight from the apple with a online set up ..that why apple let me have more than two when i shipped one to Korea and one to A-stan for my kid and one in DC area..

mpengle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just FYI, not all PXs or Navy Exchanges will get them for now supposedly. The only ones getting them will be ones that are considered licensed Apple resellers (i.e. they have there own Apple kiosk area with a rep there).

Also, as far as I know, they aren't offered for sale online at the AAFES website yet either.

OP
C

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ours has always has Apple products but they don't have a rep. Unfortunately I usually find nobody there who even knows anything about the products.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We've got an Apple rep here at our BX in Japan. Funny thing is, I asked him when they were getting the iPad in right after I got mine in the mail (shipped from my mom) and he said he hadn't even seen one yet but he was getting a lot of questions about it. I took mine out and his jaw dropped. He messed around with it for about 30 minutes and quite a few people walked up and said they wanted to buy one if there were any for sale.

Peter8888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aafes and ipad 2 at bx sales

I do not get it! AAFES Catalog has IPAD 2 posted but cannot deliver as they send order to APPLE to send to you.

AFFES at McChord had a few and sold out in minutes. No 3 G available. I spoke with APPLE. I can tell you there is a distinct attitude against us military folks. I don't think they like us. They said we are no different that someone going into Walmart! OUCH.

OK, we can take a bullet in the ass but can't but an IPAD 2 with a little respect! If I were AAFES I would not now sell IPADS! Even the Apple Rep in the store had no clue. I mean damn man you the rep...give some answers or go home packing. Because of APPLE corporate attitude I bought he new Xoom. OK, I spent a bit more but it is sweet. So Steve Jobs, talke it and shove it!

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AAFES should get the same treatment as any other retailers. Right now all stores are short on stock. Everyone has to wait. I don't see this as any bigger problem than any other store.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Peter8888 said:
I do not get it! AAFES Catalog has IPAD 2 posted but cannot deliver as they send order to APPLE to send to you.

AFFES at McChord had a few and sold out in minutes. No 3 G available. I spoke with APPLE. I can tell you there is a distinct attitude against us military folks. I don't think they like us. They said we are no different that someone going into Walmart! OUCH.

OK, we can take a bullet in the ass but can't but an IPAD 2 with a little respect! If I were AAFES I would not now sell IPADS! Even the Apple Rep in the store had no clue. I mean damn man you the rep...give some answers or go home packing. Because of APPLE corporate attitude I bought he new Xoom. OK, I spent a bit more but it is sweet. So Steve Jobs, talke it and shove it!

I love how your first post is this. Take a chill pill dude. We all have to wait. You being military, while honorable, does not make you better than anyone else. Sorry.

Beamit2rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
I love how your first post is this. Take a chill pill dude. We all have to wait. You being military, while honorable, does not make you better than anyone else. Sorry.

The only reason you can call yourself a "free bird" is do to the brave men and woman who fight for this country so as true as your statement might be, who needs a chill pill? This would be the definition of respect and honor which I would gladly give up my right to an iPad to anyone of the brave that serve this country you should be ashamed for even being compelled to say anything at all !! And by the way this is my second post sorry I had to was it on the disrespectful !!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Why should I be ashamed? I have friends and family in all branches of the military and my grandfather is buried in fort snelling. I honor and respect the military for all that they do, but the way I read your post seemed like you had a holier than thou attitude, which I for one do not appreciate. If I misread, I apologize but that's what I read

Vocali05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think apple ought to atleast give you guys an ipad half off! Yall really deserve a free ipad :) thanks for protecting my liberties!

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Business is Business. AAFES is just another retailer to Apple, and won't get special treatment. Military members, while I am sure Apple is grateful for, gets the same treatment on iPad sales (check the Gov't/Federal stores).

Besides, being in the Seattle-Tacoma-Olympia area, you should have been able to find it at many other retailers. Would have been close to a wash anywho, because most AAFES charge Surcharges that really cut down on the savings from tax free shopping.

mpengle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would have been close to a wash anywho, because most AAFES charge Surcharges that really cut down on the savings from tax free shopping.

AAFES exchanges should not be charging a surcharge; never ran into one that did. The commissaries are the ones that have the surcharge.

Most reactions

Latest posts