What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD Astronomy Apps?

ike12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an Astronomy App that would allow my Ipad Wi-fi+3G to go outside turn on the app and hold it up to the sky and show me what I am looking at?

I thought there was one for the Iphone 3GS but I never upgraded to the 3GS only have the 3G so I am hoping my IPAD will have this feature?

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
There is one I have been using with great success. GoSkyWatch - they even have a free version which I have yet to see a reason to upgrade.

There are other apps as well I have looked at, but cant see myself paying for.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Use Star Walk App

I've been playing with it on my iPad but we've had overcast skies here in Fort Wayne. It is a very interesting app but it does cost $4.99. It is very interactive and makes star gazing a lot easier, especially since you can use your iPad and the information to match what you see at night in any direction. I have a 3G iPad, it takes advantage of the GPS functions of the iPad.

Last edited:

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I would give the free one a try first - wont cost. One thing I wish more app makers would do is offer trials. I would probably buy more apps if I could try them first. Even it it is a time-limited or launch-count limited. At least I could see the app.

OP
I

ike12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks All. I just downloaded SkyWatch and GoSky.. $5 is worth it to me..Lets hope I really get an Ipad for xmas now lol. I really cant wait to try this app out with my telescope.

SO. on that regard. I have a Celestron Nexstar SE 6" and It is "remote control" and pretty awsome, but is there a way to "controll" it with my ipad? far fetch but just wondering. Thanks again all

NexStar 6SE Computerized Telescope (item #11068) / NexStar SE Computerized Telescopes / Telescopes / Products / Celestron.com

Most reactions