What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Apps

Gizm0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - I hope that somebody can help. I purchased my iPad from Thailand last week (authentic) and the same vendor sold over 100 applications to me and loaded them onto my iPad. I have now returned to South Africa and would like to sync my iPad with my iTunes however it keeps wanting to remove the apps from my iPad and replace them with whats in my iTunes. Is there anyway around this as I am unable to transfer purchases as it requires me to authorize my PC however I do not have the vendor's user name and password :confused: I am really stuck as I have made many purchases with for my iPod and do not want to lose both systems applications. Please HELP

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Sounds like a call to Apple is in store. They may not be able to transfer the rights to you, or they may - seems a bit fishy to me, however, that the vendor would not have you log in with your iTunes account...

Have you tried setting your iPad to not automatically sync then disabling the Apps sync?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forum,
It looks to me you have been taken for a ride. Unfortunately without the user name password you have no way of downloading the apps again for free syncing under your account will replace what is on your iPad. The music cannot be downloaded again for free if in fact you have any purchased.

My advice is check each app make a list of the ones you wish to keep then after you sync the iPad repurchase those apps. Some may have been free any way so thats not an issue.

Regards col

Most reactions