What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad apps for toddlers

ALISTAIR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all :)

Im looking for some advice about some educational apps for my 3 year old daughter. I was wondering if anyone could provide any suggestions about which ones would be best for creativity, music and language? Many thanks for your advice.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Im looking for some advice about some educational apps for my 3 year old daughter. I was wondering if anyone could provide any suggestions about which ones would be best for creativity, music and language? Many thanks for your advice.
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Welcome again and enjoy!

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ALISTAIR said:

Alistair,

My two year old grandson likes "Elmo's Monster Book" and "Green Eggs and Ham". They are well constructed, with lots of interactivity.

He really dotes on Tozzle, which is a jigsaw type puzzle set. Again lots of sounds and interactivity.

You might check the apps section in the Apple Store subforum here. There is a poster there who posts a regular review of kids apps.

sd3sign

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My kids like...

Little things
Marble Mixer
Peppas Party
Postman Pat
Handy Manny
My First Clock
Dinosaur Chess
iWriteWords
Math Bingo
Drawing Pad
Coloring Book
Dora Coloring
Doodle Buddy
Kid Synth
Singing Fingers
Jelly Doodle
IceBox Doodle
Cookie Doodle
Cake Doodle
Candy Doodle
TieDye Doodle
Create a Car
Baby Safari
Talking Tom etc.

In fact, I need another iPad coz there are 4 of us using it, I never get a chance!!

RuckusHolly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You must check out our apps. We make apps for kids ages 2 and up. She would love Spot the Dot, A Present for Milo and even My Little Pony! Check out the Ruckus Media Group web site.

michio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These are the apps that I think are very interactive/educational and that my 3 year old daughter enjoys learning from:
FirstWords Animal and the Japanese version of FirstWords Animal (if you want to teach them Japanese).

Green Eggs and Ham, Gertrude, 1 Fish 2 Fish (basically all Dr. Seuss books so far) are good interactive books. You can select two different modes:
Read to me - which highlights the words as it is being read
Read it myself - which allows your child to read by themselves. If they don't know the word, they can tap on the word and have it be read back to them.

A good memory game is Memory Match HD edition.

For art, Color and Draw is a good one. They have coloring books and Alphabet training camp but my daughter hasn't used the Alphabet training part, yet.

fayejayne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son will be 2 in Feb and he loves his i pad! he plays on it alot and he's a pro tbh! I download apps for him from the app store for counting, numbers, jigsaws etc and he loves them and masters them. I would like to thank Apple so much for this invention. I believe that my son is developing very quickly regarding this technology and well as his mother I'm well impressed! I use the i pad for everything. He watches c beebies, videos off you tube, games, songs absolutely everything. The way I look at it is he goes nursery in the day, footy and swimming during weekend, does abit of drawing on paper with crayons etc and he has his black board and chalks but he also does the same thing using your apps. Thank you again! AMAZING!!

Dowell5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app "Alpha Writer" is a good one. Teaches kids how to read, write and spell. Regular version cost $4.99 but they may offer a free one.

merchmaiden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for these - will check them out - my toddler loves toddler counting, preschool counting and toddler tube - which is great because it has youtube videos for toddlers but they can't exit nor click on any inappropriate videos

cherry123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Playing with Dolphins App

It is not really educational app but Playing with Dolphins app lets your daughter interact with real dolphins. Just tap on your screen to call them then watch and listen to them talking with your daughter. Hope your daughter likes this app.

Most reactions