What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad and pdf's

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Use Goodreader and see for yourself, I believe it is free.

OP
A

autumn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I do not have an Ipad but I am considering and researching. I have rather large table-heavy pdfs I would like to be able to view on a reader or Ipad

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad to read large PDF documents, up to 200 pages so far. I access them through Dropbox and read them with Goodreader or Docs to Go. Tables look just fine. IBooks now also reads pdf's and looks good.

Last edited:

bolinao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried several pdf readers and now using ibooks to read my files,some are over 500 pages.Ibooks is the best for reading pdf file imho.

OP
A

autumn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been translating files out of Indesign to Dreamweaver as html files for a while to be read on a kindle and last I looked kindle can not read pdfs.

Ebooks, you mean for the sony reader?

jecastej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pixetnia.com
I tried a large and heavy graphic PDF on my iPod Touch 2nd geneneration and it transferred fine using iTunes but refused to open on iBooks. On the iPad it opened fine.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The GoodReader is 99¢, but the iBooks app will also do PDF's.... and its FREE. All you do is open iTunes (makes sure its the latest and greatest - v9.2.0.61) and click on Books on the left side of the screen. Now open your Explorer (This is in Windows. I don't know how to find files in a Mac.) and locate the files you want to copy. Now you can either drag the file from your Explorer window to the Books window or just copy & paste. Sync your iPad and voila... you now have PDF's! I just did this and if a Windows person can do it, how hard can it be???

Frankly, I wasn't a big fan of the iBooks app... until now!

Last edited:

Ligsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone out there having trouble with sending PDFs that can be read by Google docs or Adobe? If I send a PDF from Pages it comes up blank in google docs, or if read by Adobe on a PC the layout and fonts are all over the place or missing.
Am I the only one experiencing these problems?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad to read large PDF documents, up to 200 pages so far. I access them through Dropbox and read them with Goodreader or Docs to Go. Tables look just fine. IBooks now also reads pdf's and looks good.

Do you know any app or any conversions that can read compiled HTML, docx and mhtml in iPad?

Also, When you mentioned large PDF documents doesnthis include scanned pdf's files? I have some files that can't be viewed by either goodreader and docs2go. Using goodreader I got the message that it is because it's a scanned file. So it ended as blank pages.

chandar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The largest pdf i read to date using ibooks was a 129 MB graphics rich magazine. worked fine for me.
I read a 37MB scanned pdf in ibooks without any problems. But I have also come up with blank pages in certain other scanned pdfs . Do not know why!

Last edited:

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The largest pdf i read to date using ibooks was a 129 MB graphics rich magazine. worked fine for me.
I read a 37MB scanned pdf in ibooks without any problems. But I have also come up with blank pages in certain other scanned pdfs . Do not know why!

It seems there are a handful of us who encountered these PDF that turned into blank pages. I hope someone drops by this forum and can offer a great solution.

chandar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess if the pages are scanned as picture (png/jpeg?) and then combined together to form a pdf the pages display blank. This is my guess. can someone validate this?

Most reactions

Latest posts