What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and PC

mhogard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to play with an iPad a couple of days this week and have become hooked. I have totally changed my mind about it: I was a doubter. All my computers at home are PCs. Has any one had success or trouble syncing their iPad with their PC? Is it a disadvantage?

Thanks for your help

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can install iTunes, you can sync your iPad.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works just fine on a "personal computer". My wife and I have separate computers (and we like it that way!) and they both run Vista with no issues.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Be prepared for those computers to suffer neglect. You'll be amazed at how much use it's going to get

The only small gotcha to be aware of is the iPad sometimes reports itself as not charging when connected to the USB port of a pc. This is because older USB ports have a lower voltage, but don't worry it will be charging. Only it will be at a slower rate than apples wall charger.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Be prepared for those computers to suffer neglect. You'll be amazed at how much use it's going to get

The only small gotcha to be aware of is the iPad sometimes reports itself as not charging when connected to the USB port of a pc. This is because older USB ports have a lower voltage, but don't worry it will be charging. Only it will be at a slower rate than apples wall charger.

So true about those computers gathering a bit of dust....

I sync 2 iPads and an iPhone to a Window 7 Starter netbook... never a problem.... Here is a link to Apple's iPad support that has a lot of info about your iPad and how to do the basics....

Apple - Support - iPad

Be sure to check out the online manual there as well....

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with those who say their pc's become dust collectors. I have cut my home pc us usage to about 1/3 of what I used to do.

Krypty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife will be glad, even if I spend more time with the Ipad I can now sit in the same room as where they are....lol

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My wife will be glad, even if I spend more time with the Ipad I can now sit in the same room as where they are....lol

So true.

It even gets to sleep with us..........in the words of uncle Steve "magical"

Most reactions

Latest posts