What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad and keyboard

lhemmerich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received the apple keyboard..it works..BUT not they why I thought it would.
I can type.. But I can not move around the ipad .. When trying to use it with mail I have to keep going back to the ipad to select things..the arrow keys do not move to a new email

Is this all it does?.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes. There is no mouse and not all apps have full keyboard support.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Ihemmerich - welcome to the forum! :)

Do you have Apple's version of the keyboard; there are plenty of other KBs and functions do vary; I've owned the Apple one since April 2011 and find it indispensable when traveling (no longer take a laptop) to respond to emails, browse the web, etc. The cursor keys (bottom right) work in many apps, but as already stated don't expect universal functions between apps.

And I agree that going from the KB to tapping the iPad screen can be annoying @ first but one quickly adapts - not perfect, but small, easily packed in a carry-on, and necessary if you plan to do a lot of typing IMO - good luck!

Zjrog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iHome keyboard and case that I don't use as much as I thought I would, but when I need to spend a lot of time typing I appreciate the cursor keys that Apple doesn't think we need... Yes, its a bit of a pain to use the physical keyboard and then touch the screen to manipulate pages. Especially since I use a laptop about 50% of the time.

Most reactions

Latest posts