What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad And Ipad 2 Cases

VBubbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i've been wondering if an Ipad 2 case will fit a Ipad First Generation?

Please answer as ipad 2 cases are awesome!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Almost certainly not because the iPad2 is thinner than the iPad1 - quite a bit thinner too - so I suspect that the majority of iPad2 cases would simply be too small for the iPad1

Tim

Reaction score
As Tim mentioned, an iPad 2 can fit into an iPad 1 case, but not the other way around.

Besides, when you say awesome, are you referring to SmartCases, which turn the iPad automatically On/Off? Because those won't work with iPad 1 anyway, due to a lack of the magnetic sensor.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As Tim mentioned, an iPad 2 can fit into an iPad 1 case, but not the other way around.

Besides, when you say awesome, are you referring to SmartCases, which turn the iPad automatically On/Off? Because those won't work with iPad 1 anyway, due to a lack of the magnetic sensor.

Excellent point, Oh Great Master!! Tim has a memory lapse again... :(

Tim

evalime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the iPad2 can fit in to a ipad 1 case but the rear camera will be cover and won't have the fitted feel as some people said the ipad 2 is thinner.

Most reactions

Latest posts