What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD and importing Sony DRM epub books

Status
Not open for further replies.

os4185

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folks,

I purchase a Sony Daily edition ereader in January 2010 and since then I have purchased 129 DRM encoded epuB books from the Sony book store. The Sony e reader is pure junk. I have a hard time syncronising with my PC and there is no backlight so I cant read in bed without a flashlight. Can someone help me with a specific way to strip the DRM from the Sony Epub books so that I can read them on my brand new IPAD? I called sony and after they verified my identity and every one of my purchases the customer service guy said that if I can find a way to put Adobe Digital Editing on the Ipad that would work. He stated that all Sony could say is that Sony might be working on an IPAD application.

Can any one tell me how to strip the DRM from Sony epob books? Any other advice to make the the Sony Epub books work on my IPAD?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is possible to do this if you consider yourself to be fairly computer literate. The process is not difficult, but is very precise. It involves downloading some programs and scripts. If you are computer literate or know someone who is, I can PM the instructions to you.

Kattolio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in the same predicament as the person above. Please advise how I can make Sony ePub readable on the iPad. Your help will be much appreciated.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purchasing legally never goes unpunished in this country. The only thing that's easy is piracy...oh irony. Drm is the devil!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well... its one thing to unwrap the DRM from and ePub you paid for, but quite another to unwrap the DRM from an ePub from a library book, for example, so you can keep it and not have to return it.

ARock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is possible to do this if you consider yourself to be fairly computer literate. The process is not difficult, but is very precise. It involves downloading some programs and scripts. If you are computer literate or know someone who is, I can PM the instructions to you.
Hi. Just joined the Forum today, as I am getting my iPad tomorrow and have the same issue re: importing books from my Sony eReader. Would greatly appreciate instructions. Thanks so much.

rkelac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Just joined the Forum today, as I am getting my iPad tomorrow and have the same issue re: importing books from my Sony eReader. Would greatly appreciate instructions. Thanks so much.

Have you looked at the Txtr app? I think it will allow you to read Adobe DRM on the iPad. I have the app and it is my preferred reader app. However, I haven't tried it with drm books. I always strip the DRM. That way you can reformat the books.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that I said that I would share the instructions for stripping the Adobe DRM from Adobe Digital Editions, but sadly, I am retracting that offer. When I originally made that offer over two months ago, I was not a moderator on this forum, but now that I am, it would be irresponsible of me to endorse or condone such actions.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kindle App, Kindle device, Kindle for Mac and/or Kindle for PC. Kindle for Android too. :D

All DRMs are not equal. While some complain about Amazon's DRM policy, at least you are not limited by the device you want to read the books with.

I'm sorry that this doesn't help people who have libraries on a Sony reader, but there is an option going forward if you want to read ebooks, especially new releases and best sellers, on your iPad.

rkelac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kindle App, Kindle device, Kindle for Mac and/or Kindle for PC. Kindle for Android too. :D

All DRMs are not equal. While some complain about Amazon's DRM policy, at least you are not limited by the device you want to read the books with.

I'm sorry that this doesn't help people who have libraries on a Sony reader, but there is an option going forward if you want to read ebooks, especially new releases and best sellers, on your iPad.

I'm sorry but which devices are you limited to with Adobe DRM?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know the Sony reader uses Adobe Digital Editions, but all public libraries also use it with the OverDrive system to loan out electronic publications.

OP
O

os4185

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SONY DRM books on IPAD

I though I was sophisticated enough to unwrap the DRM from the legally purchased Sony ebooks but I was not succesful. Sony hinted that an Ipad application to read Sony books will come out. Does anyone know anything about it?

Is there an easy way out of this?

sania250

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mobile-phone.pk
Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for your help, but this thread is almost four years old. The person asking the question is long departed; along with most of the other participants, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts