What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and facebook

nailgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why isn't there an app for Facebook? I have to go through safari to get on fb and it doesn't show who is online like my pc does.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no official iPad Facebook app, but there are a couple made by others, plus several IM programs you can add Facebooks accounts to.

Arnz98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have sobees for facebook, and I see another app for facebook chat. But yeah, if you want to experience the whole facebook site, including chats and playing Farmville, you need a PC

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
why are you using facebook? Facebook is evil and it trying to steal all your info and give it to advertisers and 3rd parties. They regularly change your privacy settings without telling you back to make things public and you have to go in and check them regularly. Their latest thing they are doing is making it so that any website you go to from now on can gather any information about you that you have in facebook as long as you are logged in and have not clicked log out when you left facebook(most people dont log out when leaving facebook).

you should join quitfacebookday.com and quit facebook with everyone else on the 31st.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why are you using facebook? Facebook is evil and it trying to steal all your info and give it to advertisers and 3rd parties. They regularly change your privacy settings without telling you back to make things public and you have to go in and check them regularly. Their latest thing they are doing is making it so that any website you go to from now on can gather any information about you that you have in facebook as long as you are logged in and have not clicked log out when you left facebook(most people dont log out when leaving facebook).

you should join quitfacebookday.com and quit facebook with everyone else on the 31st.
Ridiculous

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The website in safari works identically to on a home pc....and if you jailbreak and install fullforce you can turn the iPhone app into an iPad app...and everything works perfectly in it.

photo.PNG

photo%201.PNG

photo.jpg

mgamber

iPF Noob
Reaction score

LOL....please spare us the aluminum foil hat 2012 garbage, please.

I can't imagine facebook will go too long without releasing an iPad specific app. Unless you can write it yourself and give it away for free, a little patience will go a long way.

0002S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facebook iPhone app
Jailbreak iPad
Install FullForce
Turn on FullForce for Facebook

-problem solved (until they make a iPad version of face book)

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't have a Facebook account but, if I did and discovered that it was so evil, I certainly wouldn't wait another nine days to pull the plug.

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have a Facebook account but, if I did and discovered that it was so evil, I certainly wouldn't wait another nine days to pull the plug.
The idea is to make a statement...
to make a point, that many people are raising up and protesting specific Facebook practices.

Maybe a point that would motivate FB to think about changing those practices.
People may want the services that FB offers, IF those practices change.

Mass quitting at an organized time, could prove what people are objecting to.
Quitting on a random basis, could just be interpreted as a random person who will no longer have internet, or just random reasons.

I don't really care one way or the other, but if you want the quitting to have an impact, it is obvious why quitting en masse, at a specific date, makes sense.

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The idea is to make a statement...
to make a point, that many people are raising up and protesting specific Facebook practices.

Maybe a point that would motivate FB to think about changing those practices.
People may want the services that FB offers, IF those practices change.

Mass quitting at an organized time, could prove what people are objecting to.
Quitting on a random basis, could just be interpreted as a random person who will no longer have internet, or just random reasons.

I don't really care one way or the other, but if you want the quitting to have an impact, it is obvious why quitting en masse, at a specific date, makes sense.

Facebook, or any company/website for that matter, is around so they can make money. They're trying to generate revenue through advertising, in many different forms. If they don't make that money through advertising, the only other option is a user fee. If they did that, would you protest it too? They're not giving out any extra information than any other form of mailing list type of operation.

You really want to see how much of your information is out there? Check out spokeo.com. Now that's kinda scary....

BethAsheville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Until facebook has an app, did you know you can put facebook, or any website, as an app-style entry on the home page? That's an option for new bookmarks on Safari. Then you can rearrange the home page entries and drag facebook onto the bottom line that's on all home screens. (It took me weeks to figure that out...)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can do anything I want on Facebook by just going to it on Safari. Yesterday, I pulled up my Dad's page so he could see all the birthday wishes he had received. I have an Amazon app, but I still prefer the regular web site for most things.

Masarweh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the iPhone FB app on my iPad and increase the size and it works fine. But they need an iPad specific app. No plans to leave FB, but I do regularly monitor my privacy settings.

Most reactions