What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad & alphasmart neo

Felicityp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an ipad2 recently and from browsing around I found there is a way to set my iPad up *to work with my alphasmart neo. I found it in this article that says to use the camera connect kit attached to a USB Hub & then put the alphasmart cable in the USB Hub
So I did all that, I got the camera connect kit & a rocketfish 4 port powdered USB hub & my alphasmart stuff.

I hooked it all up & pushed send. Everything that transferred to my iPad was in Arabic. When I unattached it my whole iPad was sent in Arabic- like my
Browser & stuff.

I went into my language settings & it was all set to English, eventhough everything was in Arabic. The only way to get it back English was pushing the reset button, then it works fine.
Anyone know how to get it transfer in English?!
I'm also posting this in the hacking forum
Does anyone know how I can change this so ill be able to transfer from my alphasmart in English??
I'm also posting this in the hacking forum

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I read the Wikipedia entry for the Alphasmart devices. Interesting, I'd never heard of them before. Something in the description of how you transfer the data made me wonder if the hardware keyboard settings might make a difference.

It's a longshot, but:

If you go into Settings > General > Keyboard, what are your keyboard settings, specifically the languages? Do you have the Arabic keyboard enabled? Make sure you have the English software keyboard selected before importing. You could also try changing the hardware layout of the Arabic keyboard to English, if such an option exists.

Other than that, I've got no ideas.

Most reactions

Latest posts