What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad - adding videos from NOT the regular iTunes'd computer

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
All my ipad files (songs, photos, etc) are on my home desktop (Windows).

I'm now on business travel with my iPad and my laptop (Windows).
How can I add videos to my iPad without "erasing" what's currently on my iPad?
If I install iTunes on my laptop, add videos to it and then connect my iPad, will it erase what's currently on the iPad and load the videos, or just load the videos and leave what's currently there without erasing it?

Or will that load the iPad content in my laptop, then I can add the videos?

Thanks

Last edited:

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
you can use a backup program such as music rescue or copytrans suite to backup your ipad to your laptop before you sync with it, that way nothing is lost, and as an added benefit, you have an extra backup of the stuff on your ipad.

OP
S

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed Music Rescue.

It doesn't detect the iPad. It seems to be made for iPods, not iPads

Last edited:
OP
S

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok.... I thought you had used those software yourself....

Looked at copytrans....installed copytrans... started the backup... it stops after 100 tracks and says you gotta buy the full version to go any further

Looked at the full versions... 19.99 for copytrans for music and videos... another 19.99 for the photos, no single app that "does it all". If I'm going to pay I'll get one software that does a whole iPad backup, not piece by piece.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts