What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 64g, is it wifi or 3g?

bwhicher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a 64g ipad 3g and found one at a good price. Person says it is a 64g and says "can have a 3g card put in it to have internet everywhere "

I texted him and he says you can just put in your SIM card for 3g.

Problem is I'm 1900 miles from where it is located, however my son is within 5 miles. Son knows nothing about ipads.

Is there a quick and easy way to tell if 3g or wifi?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 3G version will have a SIM tray on the left side and the WiFi only version won't.

ipad_3g.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The original iPad only comes in the AT&T flavor, so the SIM slot is a reliable indicator.

For the iPad 2, all the 3G models have plastic section on the back, at the top where the 3G antenna is supposed to be. So do the iPad 1 3G models.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 528
  • product-wifi-3g.jpg
    product-wifi-3g.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
OP
B

bwhicher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now what?

Ok I purchased this used iPad 64g 3g with no sim card. I'm looking at sim cards on ebay.
What's the best way to activate. I assume I should reset the iPad, hook-up to my iTunes for apps (already purchased for iTouch) to sync.

Will the iPad with new sim just let me open a AT&T account as if it were a new iPad?

thanks for help

Most reactions

Latest posts